Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well)

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well) #11  
Can't you move the ball up on the attachment? Looks like the 3ph is up quite a ways to keep trailer level. If you moved ball up you would have more upward movement. It would be easier the moving axle forward.

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well) #13  
Hey Mark, Sweet barn! Are those manufactured trusses for the barn or did you make them yourself? My wife and I made our own for our little barn and they were the biggest pain in the A$$ of the whole project! How much do you suppose they'll raise your taxes for that barn? Nice trailer man!

Kevin

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well) #14  
Good job!

One thing I noticed is your dump truck style tailgate. I have used ones like that and ones that swing to the side. The ones that swing to the side can be more trouble to open up but you can haul big stuff like rocks, etc.. that won't fit under the tail gate you have.

Big tex has a neat setup that allows you to use the gate like a dump truck or swing open as you desire. This is the best of both worlds. All it takes to modify what you have is a long pin the goes down one side of the gate. It acts like a pin to hold the gate closed in "dump truck" mode, or a hinge for the opening to the side.

Maybe add a hydraulic cylinder to allow lifting the gate. This would help while spreading gravel.

Fred

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well)
PHRED:

the tail gate already is designed to act as a pickup bed tail gate or a dump gate, the chaines hold the tailgate up in the pickup mode and closed in the dump mode but so far Ive just left it swing open for a dump and left it go into piles as the stuff has enough clay mix to make it sticky so it pobably would not spread it easly so I didn't even try.

Barn trusses are fabed up on site using 1/2" solid plywood and glue/stapels They were built on the decking one was made and the rest made on top of the first as a template. lots of cutting of the plywood for the braces... each truss has plywood on each side with PL and then about 20 stapels on each side too. the plywood was used at every intersection of wood to wood...

As of yet they have not even came out to take a look for taxs. I let them know i was building a barn and haven't heard a thing since. I did my part but I really don;t have any PROOF that I sent in the required card. Though what I'm told that FARM barns do not add to taxable realestate locally??? Not 100% sure but hey I let them know i was bulding... No permits required out there as there are now zoneing.!

I;t is kind of hi up in the air when dumping but does work. I need to extend the ball mount back enough for tighter turning is only REAL problem for the trailer. I would like to have more toung weight but it really isn't required, it just is a bit light when trying to DUMP . It wants to stay dumped if the hitch is all the way up I have to step on the 3pt to lower it if I get it too high up...

Mark /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mark

/ Dump Trailer (attachment/ oh well)
HI ALL: Just wanted to update this thread, I was looking back over OLD posts and see the links in page one are bad as I no longer use that provider.

here is an updated LINK for some of the Photos many were lost due to the NEW service provider and a hard drive that died. dump trailer Photos by WPSPIKER | Photobucket

The PAINT has held up pretty well considering I use it mostly for gravel and rocks. The Hyd Cylinder was a freebie from work and it leaks some so I have to watch that. I've also gotten a 12VDC Jack Pump Valve system last summer with intents of putting that on so I can DUMP and pull with my truck & LOAD with the tractor & not need the tractor hyd...

Mark M