Dump trailer vs. utility trailer

/ Dump trailer vs. utility trailer
What about a tilting equipment trailer? Equipment can be loaded and unloaded very easy and it aides removal of stuff like gravel and mulch.

If the right deal came along on a tilting trailer, and I could add sides to it, I'd consider it.

Ease of equipment loading and unloading is a lower priority for me. I need to be able to do it occasionally. I can cope with ramps for the handful of times a year I load equipment. Material handling (mulch and dirt) and safely moving household goods (in fair weather) are more critical tasks.

/ Dump trailer vs. utility trailer #32  
i agree a dump trailer will be heavy just empty. And depending on how long in the future your truck purchase may be the payload you can load will not be that much before your at the top end of your tow capability. And you really don't want to tow at the top end much.

/ Dump trailer vs. utility trailer #33  
i agree a dump trailer will be heavy just empty. And depending on how long in the future your truck purchase may be the payload you can load will not be that much before your at the top end of your tow capability. And you really don't want to tow at the top end much.

He said the dump trailer he's considering (5x10 7K rating) was just under 2,000lbs empty. If anything we're probably talking 1,000lbs difference in payload between that dump trailer and some of the landscape trailers people are recommending....not exactly the end of the world.

/ Dump trailer vs. utility trailer #34  
Build a 電ump box that sets inside your utility trailer. The box should have a removable back panel.

I知 going to build a 4x8 or 5x10 .. by one foot deep....to go inside my double axle utility trailer
Build a box..put casters underneath. Back up to your dump site , remove back panel, and push the box out the back.

I知 making mine that will attach to my trailer winch so I can actually lift my dump box

I have a 6 x 16 , double axle that will hold 5000 lbs ( I would need more than 1-1/2 tons at a time)

/ Dump trailer vs. utility trailer #35  
Build a “dump box”that sets inside your utility trailer. The box should have a removable back panel.

I’m going to build a 4x8 or 5x10 .. by one foot deep....to go inside my double axle utility trailer
Build a box..put casters underneath. Back up to your dump site , remove back panel, and push the box out the back.

I’m making mine that will attach to my trailer winch so I can actually lift my “dump box”

I have a 6 x 16 , double axle that will hold 5000 lbs ( I would need more than 1-1/2 tons

/ Dump trailer vs. utility trailer #36  
During my research, came across this 5x10 single axle:

Hydraulic Dump Trailer 5x10 with Brakes 2 Ft. Sides Roofing Dirt Mulch Rock - SLE Equipment

It's unique in that everything else in this size is tandem with twin 3500lb axles. This one is a single 5200lb axle. The specs are actually a good match for my requirements, but I have a couple of concerns. The hydraulics and battery are under the dump bed, instead of the more common box on the A frame. Seems like it would be more vulnerable to damage, road spray, etc. Also, even though the axle is rated at 5200lbs, I find myself wondering about the tires. Seems like a lot of weight for just two. Do they make 15" tires with that high of a weight rating? Specs on the page are kinda sparse. I'll call them for more info on that.

And has anybody here bought from SLE? I don't know anything about them.

I had a 5’x8’ single axle, with approximately 2ton payload. Worked well, could pull it with just about anything. I picked it up from a rental place for $1300. Sold
It 5 years later for $1850, when I bought my 6x12 dual axle. It was a good trailer and worked hard.