DX45 Loader Question

/ DX45 Loader Question #11  
Bruce, from previous history with these models, your problem is likely to show up again. However, if it's working well, I wouldn't worry too much. Of course, things have a way of coming back the day after your warranty runs out.:confused3:

The regenerative function of the joystick valve is pretty simple in operation. In normal operation, when you dump slowly, the fluid is fed to the dump side of the cylinders from the joystick and the curl side fluid returns through the joystick valve to the sump. When you go to regenerative dump position, the oil from the curl side is connected directly to the dump side so the weight in the bucket aids the dumping action by feeding fluid directly from one side of the cylinder to the other through the joystick. The combination of the fluid from the pump and the fluid from the regen circuit make the loader bucket dump faster. If those regen valves are not seating completely when you return the joystick to neutral, then it will make your bucket floppy. I suspect that may have been your problem, but that's just a guess. As I mentioned before, the newer valves/cylinders seem to have this problem, but I've never seen it on my older FEL. The fact that you didn't get leakdown also points to tightly sealed valves.