Dyson Vacuum cleaners

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #91  
And we are still chugging along with the Dyson DC14 Animal. We really do like it. Nothing has broken. I ordered some new replacement belts for it, just in case. It takes 2 belts. One is a little larger than the other. It's been about 4 years since we have had it.

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #92  
Well, I said we hadn't decided yet, but then my wife went to Bed, Bath & Beyond today and ordered the Hoover UH70015 to be delivered to the house. They didn't have one in stock, but took the 20% off coupon, waved shipping and handling, etc. so the total cost with tax was $259.79.

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #93  
Don't have a Dyson but people with long haired dogs swear by the Animal version. That's probably not a concern for you Bird and no need to spend the extra money.

Long dog hair in a carpet will render many vacuums worthless in a year or two. Hair gets wound up in/on everything that revolves. You can clean and pull out the hair to some extent, but if there is a vacuum that allows you to not have to deal with it, it's great.
Dave.

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #94  
Dave, we definitely have a problem with dog hair, but it's not the long hair. Our chihuahua had a long haired chihuahua mother and a short haired chihuahua father. So she's got longer hair than I would prefer and she sheds large amounts, but it's still relatively short hair.

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #95  
One model of the Hoover was top rated in consumer reports, I think that would be a good choice. Did you get the bagless? I wasn't trying to push the Panasonic, just saying that we've found that we like the bag type better than the bagless because they're not as messy to empty and don't have to empty them as often.

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #96  
One model of the Hoover was top rated in consumer reports, I think that would be a good choice. Did you get the bagless? I wasn't trying to push the Panasonic, just saying that we've found that we like the bag type better than the bagless because they're not as messy to empty and don't have to empty them as often.

Yep, the UH70015 is a bagless which is something we've never had before. As you can see, Hooever's website still lists it at about $450 with free shipping, but I think Walmart, Best Buy, Bed, Bath & Beyond, and Sears are all listing it at about $300 on sale for $252 to $254. But with the coupon, Bed, Bath & Beyond was $239.99. It comes with a 6 year warranty, so they must have some confidence in it.

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #97  
I like our Dyson vacuum. My wife dislikes it no end, says it has to be emptied too often. I think that is just because we have two larger dogs.

She delays emptying the bag type of vacuum and I am always having to clean the clogs out of its internal tube.

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #98  
I have dyson ball at the cabin and for hardwood floors it is incredible.

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #99  
We've got an old Hoover, don't know the model, with really great suction. My problem is the DW, who can't seem to use a vacuum without running over the cord. I've mended the cord on this one so many times that my next move will be to replace it. However, DW is convinced that somehow it is the vacuum's fault. So we'll probably buy another one and the story will rewind. I'm hoping to eventually get rid of all the carpet in the house and also hope that by that time there is a cordless vacuum good enough to do the job.

Chuck

/ Dyson Vacuum cleaners #100  
My mother in law passed away late last year and we inherited a Dyson Animal and an Oreck piece of junk that looked unused. After trying both for an honest 3 months, I'd have to rate the Oreck as the worst vacuum I've ever used. On a carpet, my wife couldn't push it at all and I bent the aluminum handle pushing so hard to try to use the thing. It went for $25 at the yard sale.

The Dyson Animal got a longer trial period since we have 2 indoor dogs (thanks to my son and daughter). It's not nearly as bad as the completely useless Oreck, but to be blunt; it's terrible. I even wasted $35 at a local vacuum shop to have it checked out to see if anything was wrong with it. He pretty well confirmed what I experienced, it simply isn't a very good vacuum. He wouldn't even take them in on trade. We got $40 for it at the yard sale.

Seriously, if you even remotely like your Dyson Animal, you owe it to yourself to try any other vacuum (except the Oreck) and compare. The Dyson had less suction, picked up less dog hair and did the worse job going between hardwood/tile floors and carpeted floors than just about any other vacuum I've ever used.

Out of curiosity, I just checked Consumer Reports and read not only the ratings but customer comments. I'm certainly not the only person to think the Oreck XL Platinum (looked up the model) was worthless but the Dyson Animal rated about mid pack of all uprights, which is pretty bad when it costs $600 and vacuums costing $80 rate considerably higher at picking up pet hair! Only the Dyson Ball rated lower at picking up pet hair out of all the vacuums tested. (Yes, the Hoover Tempo Widepath for $80 list rated much higher than the Dyson Animal at picking up pet hair!) I guess that British accent sells. LOL