E-rated truck tires ??

/ E-rated truck tires ?? #31  
I run the BFG's because they advertise a triple sidewall. Pay more but I have been happy. Some municipal trucks I buy come with Goodyear Wranglers, they run wear/well on 1ton 4x4 dump trucks. Nice to be able to rotate tires and still drive a straight line.

/ E-rated truck tires ?? #32  
Had 4 Michelin Defender LTX/MS installed this morning (09-30-2016) on my 2016 Ram.They seem to ride better than the OEM firestones.Time will tell on how well they hold up.

-------.I gonna give these Michelins a try and see how they perform.

Update please.

I need truck tires.

Last edited:
   / E-rated truck tires ?? #33  
See my post #23 on the Goodyear Wrangler Adventure Kevlar series. Over time I have come to like them as they are quiet and wearing well so far. The balancing problem ended up being labor at the Sam's Club store I purchased them at. They now have 17500 miles on them and I have learned how not to break the tires loose with the low end torque of the diesel engine when on a hard surfaced road with little weight in the bed. They have towed quite a few 10k# loads and carried more weight in the bed than should have been in there with pallets of bagged concrete and sod without any complaining. Since I live in the south they have yet to see snowy road conditions but do very well in the rain and in moderate off road conditions, including shallow, clay mud.

/ E-rated truck tires ??
Update please.

I need truck tires.
The Michelins have been great so far.Only 10,000 miles but they are great in the rain/snow conditions.Wearing very well,great ride verses stock firestone tires.

/ E-rated truck tires ?? #35  
I had a set of Michelin LTXs on my Sprinter van. They were replacements for the stock Kumo tires it came with that lasted about 35k miles. The Michelins has 40k on them when I got rid of the van and it looked like they could have gone another 40k.

/ E-rated truck tires ?? #36  
I've had problems with Michelins having weak side walls... Hit something with the side wall, and at some point that tire will blow out where it was hit. I had several blow out for this very reason, so I no longer buy them.

A friend put new Michelins on his wives car, she hit the curb pretty hard while parking and later the two on that side blew out...

Yeaaa, hitting something isn't the tires fault, but chit happens and I haven't had side wall problems with the other brands that I buy.

SR

/ E-rated truck tires ?? #38  
I've had problems with Michelins having weak side walls... Hit something with the side wall, and at some point that tire will blow out where it was hit. I had several blow out for this very reason, so I no longer buy them.

A friend put new Michelins on his wives car, she hit the curb pretty hard while parking and later the two on that side blew out...

Yeaaa, hitting something isn't the tires fault, but chit happens and I haven't had side wall problems with the other brands that I buy.

SR
Same here. Never had any luck keeping a set on.

/ E-rated truck tires ??
I've had E rated Michelins for a total of almost 200k miles on three pickups. No issues at all.
No issues here with Michelins the past 20 years.Must be how I drive.LOL.

/ E-rated truck tires ?? #40  
This is why I am looking for tires. :eek:

The rubber was hitting the truck, then hitting the road.

Goodyear Wrangler Authority A-T, date code 50th week of 2010. Put on 7-6-2011, at 33,333 miles. Removed at 67,220, they lasted 33,887 miles, almost 6 years.

P6160036.JPG

P6160034.JPG

P6160032.JPG

Last edited: