E4 U12 code on dash won’t start

/ E4 U12 code on dash won’t start #1  

Gkbru

Tractor
2018 NH Workmaster 33
Had to replace my battery this morning as it shorted only 10 volts across terminals. installed new battery and now getting the E4 U12 on dash when I turn the key. I need to get it going to move from front of shop roll up door. Have a delivery early morning. Any thoughts how to clear and what it is. 2018 Workmaster 33

/ E4 U12 code on dash won’t start
If this isn’t just the pits. Called three New Holland dealers today to see if anyone has any ideas on what deal with my Workmaster 33 is and wow. No one has any techs to help. Called the Company that I bought mine through. Same company closed here in Burnet Texas 2021 and move 65 miles north. But they did not keep any records of sales nothing. So to them I am a nobody at all. On top of that they do not have any tractor techs at all and have a 4 month back up on tractors. One call was to the supposed to be national New Holland team. Joke. I guess this is the state of affairs now. No one has any idea what a E4 U12 on dash is from New Holland. The one other place said they do have a traveling tech. 5 hour fee of 150/hour. 2 1/2 here and back then 150/per hour on top of that.

/ E4 U12 code on dash won’t start #3  
Just searched through the Workmaster 35 manual there are no "E" or "U" error codes in the Tier 4 tractor. I don't have a Workmaster 33 manual at this time. The 35 manual came out in 2017
Also looked at the Boomer manual and not E or U codes.

Maybe you bumped the ECM connector? or try resetting the ECM but removing the ground from the Battery for a couple of minutes?

Update from yesterday evening. DisconnectEd batter ground again for a short while. During this I checked all fuses from the two 60 Amp main to the fuse panel. Pulled all and visually checked and meter. But it all back together and no more codes showing. Now going to look at clutch switch today. Looks like it’s something to do with that. . Still does not start or turn over. But when turning key I hear fuel pump. So something with the safety switch circuit on clutch. Looks like pro switch is good as when key is on the light on dash comes on and off with switch.
another question where is a good place to either download or by service manual. New Holland as a whole is beyond helpful.

/ E4 U12 code on dash won’t start #5  
PM sent....

Thanks for the try. Only 51 pages of the service manual. Tried only line to get the full book. No luck. Any how no codes jumpered clutch switch, seat switch. Anyone know how to check the shuttle shifter proximity switch. Acts like it is thinking it is in forward or reverse.

here is what I am seeing. In the shuttle shift lever switch, when the key is on. On the three wires red wire no voltage, blue wire 7.6 volts all the time. No change when shifting from f n r.. ant one have an idea. 7.6 volts is any the blue wire with switch unplugged.

Any Ideas where the safety controller is in a workmaster 33. Service manual does not show

/ E4 U12 code on dash won’t start #9  
On older New Hollands it was located with all the other relays, its strange that the service manual you have dose not show its location:

1699443148393.png

Thank you. I have the 1200 plus page 33/37 Workmaster 2016 manual. Tractor build is 2016. Seems that NH did not put as much information as other manuals. So using two other manuals for Workmaster 35/40 a little newer to figure out.
Anyhow looking for those that have a shuttle shift that uses an inductor type proximity switch. Most newer all brands are doing this. One thing i am seeing on the three wires going to the switch is what voltages should be there. Black wire is ground, yellow wire, I assume is 12 volts, and blue wire center is the signal going to controller. What I have on mine, key in the acc position are nothing on yellow going to red wire on switch, ground on black, and 7.6 volts all the time going to the proximity switch on the blue wire. It never changes depending on where the shift lever is. FNR. So almost wondering that the controller under dash maybe bad.
I have a tech at at NH dealer about 60 miles from me looking at this but is a bit stumped also
So anyone with a shuttle shift be willing to check voltages on the three wires and post hear what they have.
And big differences between HST and geared. I have a geared shuttle shift

Last edited: