EA grapple not an option now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #1  

Mej13579

Tractor
None
Now that it looks like an EA wicked grapple doesn’t seem to be an option, what direction would someone go to for a new grapple for a compact tractor that’s strong and around 400 lbs or less? Homestead, MTL, or another option?

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #2  
Now that it looks like an EA wicked grapple doesn’t seem to be an option, what direction would someone go to for a new grapple for a compact tractor that’s strong and around 400 lbs or less? Homestead, MTL, or another option?
I have a MTL and it's been great, but mine is over 500 lbs, so my loader's 2474 Lbs lift capcity is knocked down to just under 1900 Lbs, which is fine for me as I bought a heavier unit intentionally for the type of work I am doing.

20240226_013441.jpg

While this one (link below) is right at your weight request, I'm sure there may be other models / brands out there weighing in less to give you higher capacity.

Guess it all depends on what you're trying to do with it. With that said, my MTL has been a beast, I've not had any issues from it and I bought it to beat the hell outta it, which I've done.

Last edited:
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #3  
I have an MTL which sees a lot of use. I bought the 54" but if you want to save a little weight get a 48"... that extra 6" doesn't make that much if a difference.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #4  
I purchased a Land Pride from my local Kubota dealer. Have had it nine years now. I've had to repaint the tips of the tines and that's all. It's been an excellent implement.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #5  
If I was buying a new grapple I’d look hard at the frostbite or that style. Won’t over tax our small loaders and I’m betting will do all the same work.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #6  
I purchased a Land Pride from my local Kubota dealer. Have had it nine years now. I've had to repaint the tips of the tines and that's all. It's been an excellent implement.
LP in general produces excellent attachments. About all I use today. Nice thing is, your local Kubota deal has access to the full line. Never had a defective implement from them or issues with any. I built my own grapple but then I do own a welding and machine shop.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #7  
Surely EA wasn't the only manufacturer in the US making quality implements and attachments, right? I'm sure there are plenty of good brands out there.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #8  
HLA.
Trust me, you’ll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.