Eagle Cam

/ Eagle Cam #12  
All 3 have hatched, the first has pinfeathers! They rode out a pretty wild storm last night.

Yeah I've been checking on them. I have it on in another tab when I'm on the net and If I hear some commotion I switch over and look. Got the whole family interested. My wife was almost in tears when she thought one of the hatch-lings was dead, cause it wasn't moving for awhile.

They eat good, squirrels, rabbits, crows, fish.
I wonder where the other parent sleeps at night, just up on a branch or another nest in another tree?

Also I'm just curious why evolution made them look so vicious, since they are at the top of the food chain, they have no enemies. Maybe it's to help them with the kill, when a rabbit or other pray looks up and sees them on top of them they just scare so much, they give up :laughing:

JB.

/ Eagle Cam
I've been wondering where the off nest parent camps too. I would think they would be nearby...

My wife was doing the same thing yours was yesterday morning before church. She made sure the littlest one got fed before she would stop watching.

/ Eagle Cam #17  
Yeah thanks I haven't checked on them in a long time.

It's kinda rough on the other 2 when one is standing there flapping his wings back and forth, beating the other 2 :) One of those guys looks like he's getting ready to go tonight.

I've seen a nest of red tail hawks high up in a tree and they were doing the same thing, standing right on the edge flapping away.

I've also seen red tail hawk young on the ground, and the parents having a hectic time trying to get them back up in the air and trees.

JB.

/ Eagle Cam #18  
Isn't it amazing how fast they grow. Very cool.

/ Eagle Cam
They have officially fledged! There are links at the site that have clips of them taking off for the first time. They are shutting down the site for the year this Friday since the little ones are pretty much gone.

I for one really enjoyed watching this and can't wait for next year. They are going to add cameras and otherwise improve the site.

They are going to band all 3 and put a transmitter on one if possible. It will be fun to see where they end up. I have a nice tree on my place they can have free of charge!