Eagles

/ Eagles #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Was canoeing with the Boy Scouts last week in Michigan's Upper Penninsula. Here are a few pics I got of Bald Eagles, one of my goals for the week:

320033920_pNepf-L-1.jpg

320033892_xHYHW-L-1.jpg

This was an immature:

320035108_5VRtV-L-1.jpg

One more..

320035124_wkFLc-L-1.jpg

Not an Eagle, but a visitor at our gas stop:

320035098_M7CjU-L-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy. It's not exactly tractor related, but it explains my lack of tractor time last week. Well worth it!

/ Eagles #2  
Very nice pictures Bob, thanks for posting them

/ Eagles #3  
Nice!:D :D

I can sit in my sunroom and watch them cruise up and down the river valley.:D

/ Eagles #4  
Superb pics, Rob!!
Thank you very much!

I especially liked the first one...the eagle perched on the branch.

/ Eagles
Thanks guys, having never seen a baldy in the wild this was quite a treat for me. The boys enjoyed it as well. Egon, I think I'll retire in your town, sounds just great!

/ Eagles #6  
Rob,

Very professional looking shots! The mature eagle looks to have bandings on each leg? What is the camera you are using? Dyer, retired

/ Eagles #7  
Excellent pictures Rob!! We've had bald eagles in our area of southeast Michigan for a few years now. I've seen them in the tops of the trees, but no siteings up close. Your pictures are super cool!

Don

/ Eagles #8  
great shots what kind of camera

/ Eagles
Thanks again guys, it was a real thrill to see these. I've heard we have them in our area as well, but I've never seen them.

I shot these with a Canon 30D DSLR and a 400mm lens. I kept my camera gear in a hard shell Pelican case while we were on the water so I wasn't fully prepared when we saw the mature guy. Thankfully, he flew downriver several times ahead of us before heading out of range.

Thanks again for the compliments.

/ Eagles #10  
Good Afternoon Rob,
Those are terrific shots !!! Your backround lighting and bright blue sky really contributed to some spectacular shots, along with some very good photography !

I have seen them from a distance but never actually got to see them that close, Im sure the lens really helped out.

My wife has a Kodak Z650 and I bought her the telephoto lens in addition, Im looking foward to playing a bit with that combination ! :)

Thanks again !