Earliest memories

/ Earliest memories #12  
I know that my daughter for instance, has 'memories' of events from her early childhood that just did not occur. They were placed there by her mother. She will actually get very emotional about them, but they are in fact fiction.

/ Earliest memories #13  
I'm thinking my true memories, not aided by photographs start about 5 years old and even then the story has probably changed since then... at least in a little more dramatic way. :laughing:

/ Earliest memories #14  
I was told by my mother that I could not remember my grandma that died when I was only 3. I not only told her about my grandma but told her the layout of the home where she lived. Where some of the people slept and most important to me where the nurse had her desk. She gave the old people M&M's as pills and always had the red ones left over as they were the strongest medicine she had. She had me help her get rid of the extras. Ed

/ Earliest memories #15  
My Grandfather told me he could remember before he was born. He said he remembered his mother planting onions in the garden and he would pull them up. :rolleyes:

/ Earliest memories #16  
Bird banding on Pelee Island, really bad rain storm :I woke up floating around the tent on my air mattress.
Went back to sleep :confused3: apparently nobody else did.

/ Earliest memories #17  
I have always found it interesting that you cannot remember anything pre 4~5.

I can remember zipping up a corduroy jacket I had with a flannel lining printed with deer it was a fall day with a cool snap in the air. I was about three or four. I remember my 5th birthday party fairly well and in detail. My cake had a big 5 sticking in the middle of it and we played pin the tail on the donkey. I think my cousin took a drum that someone gave me so we fought.

/ Earliest memories #18  
I was told by my mother that I could not remember my grandma that died when I was only 3. I not only told her about my grandma but told her the layout of the home where she lived. Where some of the people slept and most important to me where the nurse had her desk. She gave the old people M&M's as pills and always had the red ones left over as they were the strongest medicine she had. She had me help her get rid of the extras. Ed

Similar... Grandparents on Dad's side move when I was 3 and I have vivid memories of their old house... where the stairs went and the layout of the house and the big old chest freezer in the basement where the ice cream was kept...

In college I met people I had not seen since Kindergarten... one person was walking the opposite direction and I said hi Dave... he stopped and looked at me... said do I know you... I said yes... remember Mrs. Thompson's Kindergarten class? He had a blank look and asked if this was a joke... then I said the color of his house and the name of his dog... he still thought it was a joke... it's happened with others too...

My neice was 14 months old when she first visited Austria with me... she was very outgoing so much so that everyone commented on it... always wanted to go for walks to the lady with the chocolate and to the farm with the pigs...

She was 6 the next time and the first thing she said is we should visit the lady with the chocolate... I said what lady... she said you know the one on the way to the pigs... can anyone say Twilight Zone?

/ Earliest memories #20  
About 3 just tadpole when folks brought home Firestone black and white tv,still remember slow warm up and cracking of tv tubes in back when cooling down.