Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota #11  
AMEN Charliebrn, I visited three dealers numerous times and talked to some Kubota owners before choosing my dealer and then he surprised me even more. You may want to take a look at the thread "Dealer Importance".

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota #12  
Charliebrn said:
If you bought an early version of the recent redesigns, here are the kits to make them equal to current production... Grip Kit... Cluster kit... Fender Kit... Step stay kit... All of the above has been incorporated into current production tractors...

From my reading of the various threads here, I see that there are additional problems requiring fixes. For example:
-battery cover frame
-seat modification issue
-hash reverse stop problem

This prompts my next question: Exactly how many serious problems are there with these new models (in addition to the 7 ones above), and are there any further kits available (or about to be relased) to fix them?

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota #13  
lp333 said:
From my reading of the various threads here, I see that there are additional problems requiring fixes. For example:
-battery cover frame
-seat modification issue
-hash reverse stop problem

This prompts my next question: Exactly how many serious problems are there with these new models (in addition to the 7 ones above), and are there any further kits available (or about to be relased) to fix them?

My BX2350 with the exception of the fit of the battery cover, which they did send me a new one that fit GREAT.. Has been wonderful...

I want to angle my seat up a bit so I don't feel like I want to slide out of it, but other than that 28 hard hours w/no probs

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota
The battery cover has been resolved for some time now. There is a new one, if you need it, your dealer can take of that very easily. I posted some pictures of the two designs some time back.

The seat is a preference...some people don't like it, some do, like me.

The reverse harsh stop is on purpose...due to some lawsuit. There are a lot of people not happy about it, though, so stay tuned...

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota #15  
Asked my dealer about policy for the fender/support bracket replacment.
Told me that the fender is "replace if broken" but not pro-active. But the support bracket can be put on "if requested". Didn't ask about the grips or battery cover.

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota
Honestly, after looking at the support brackets, I think that'll prevent your fender from cracking...ever. I've got to get a picture on here of the brackets...they are every bit as thick and strong as the frame of the tractor, and a long as they are installed properly, you won't have any flex to create the crack in the first place. In my opinion, if they made the "fender stays" first, they never would have redesigned the fender. Get the supports. You'll be happy...I'd wager lunch on it! :)

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota #17  
Based on the earlier post with the kit numbers, called my dealer yesterday, he validated the part nums and the fixes - he picked it up this morning and is doing all three kits: the step stay, gauges and the grips...

He did tell me that because it is not a recall - he would have to charge me for the pickup/delivery - but the rest is on Kubota...

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota #18  
Charliebrn said:
The reverse harsh stop is on purpose...due to some lawsuit. There are a lot of people not happy about it, though, so stay tuned...

I don't use the reverse pedal anymore. I found it much easier to pull up on the forward pedal - a lot less touchy.

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota #19  
Hey C n A,

You mind saying which dealer you use? I'm in the same area so I assume we go to the same place.

/ Early BX1850/2350/24 Fixes by Kubota #20  
No issue - my dealer has been terrific to me...

Goldstein's in Westport, MA - down by horseneck beach...

Best price by far and very good on my service issues and requests...