Easy tire fill

/ Easy tire fill #31  
LOL, for your first post you resurrect a 6 yr old thread! Good job, and welcome to TBN!

/ Easy tire fill #32  
Glad to read about your method. I'm hoping to mix up a 55 gal. drum on the 2nd floor of my barn, run a hose with a valve to the ground and let gravity work for me...for once. I've read many posts about fluids for tire ballast and have decided to go with magnesium chloride in my tubed tires. Does anyone know how much water to mix per 50# bag of magnesium chloride? Can't seem to find a formula anywhere. I'm in No. Virginia, so I don't think I need protection much lower then 0 degrees F.

Also, my 16.9X30 tires call for 73 gallons each. Once filled, what is the proper tire inflation pressure? Without fluid, it's 35psi. Same with fluid?

Thanks for all the great info in these forums.
Dont know MgCL but I have done tests with CaCl added to distilled water. Probably similar.

5# added to a gallon makes a solution that weighs 10.6# per gallon.

6#/G yields an 11#/G solution

7#/G gives 11.4/G but some of the salt precipitates out at 0F. Bottom of tire will be a little slushy with salt until it warms back up.

The compression ratio will be higher n the filled tire. I would drop the pressure a few psi.
larry