(Almost as good as SHINY)... :D

/ Easy welding project - pickup bed load bars
You talkin' about my hot glue gun?

/ Easy welding project - pickup bed load bars #13  
Not if it's only 120 volt - I AM a PRO, after all :D

/ Easy welding project - pickup bed load bars #14  
Very cool idea Sodo, nicely done.

/ Easy welding project - pickup bed load bars #15  
There are a few times when carrying pieces longer than my pickup's bed that I could have used something like this but I think if I ever made such a setup it would be just one bar at the back to keep the load off the tailgate. That would let whatever I was transporting rest against the bottom of the headboard with no worry about it coming through the back window in case anything big rear ended me.

For those times you have "stuff" in the bed that you don't want to move, you can make that judgement call. Or making just one takes half as much steel and saves about 10% of the build time. :D

Here's pics with tailgate Down & Up.

416103d1426086914-easy-welding-project-pickup-bed-canopyloadbars5-jpg

415609d1425788005-easy-welding-project-pickup-bed-canopyloadbars3-jpg

Attachments

• CanopyLoadBars5.jpg
    CanopyLoadBars5.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
   / Easy welding project - pickup bed load bars #17  
Here's a pic of e-track I installed in my pick up bed. Load bar is handy for minimizing load shifting. Long stuff goes over the aluminum cab protector. Terry image-1592957247.jpg

Last edited:
   / Easy welding project - pickup bed load bars #18  
There are a few times when carrying pieces longer than my pickup's bed that I could have used something like this but I think if I ever made such a setup it would be just one bar at the back to keep the load off the tailgate. That would let whatever I was transporting rest against the bottom of the headboard with no worry about it coming through the back window in case anything big rear ended me.

I second that idea or maybe lowering the bar that is closest the window so that load would be close to the floor of the bed but not all the way down. But all and all a cool idea and you did a fine job with the welds and fab work.

Terry I bought a buch of that e-track, haven't yet decided how where I will use it but clearly it's good stuff.

Fluid that's a great enhancement and an easy modification too. The bar is about 61 inches long sill-to-sill, there's plenty of room to dog-leg down. I'd go about 6 inches down I think. It would still carry a good stack of 4x8 sheets. Thanks!

/ Easy welding project - pickup bed load bars #20  
I agree that would be a good modification. Sodo, what's that white stuff on the ground in your pics? :D

Terry