Effect of Power

/ Effect of Power #1  

SpinyMouse

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
What effect does power have on how you can use a tractor?

Take the CK25 and CK30 for instance. Both are the same size and weight and take the same FEL and same size of other implements as well. The lift capacity of the 3PH is the same. Yet, one has 20% more horsepower than the other.

How will the lower power of the CK25 manifest itself? Will the FEL lift more slowly despite the same capacity pump? Will you need to be in a lower gear to pull a similar implement and therefore move more slowly? Will a snow blower throw the snow less distance, or will you just need to move more slowly through the snow?

Does it really make much difference? Are there circumstances where it really does not matter and others where it could be critical?

Thanks for your thoughts.

SpinyMouse

/ Effect of Power #2  
Most importantly, that 20% horsepower increase (combined with any weight difference) will determine the size of implements which can be safely and effectively utilized. 20% more HP will also be markedly visible while pulling or pushing loads. Lift capacities will be different also. Also, though not sure, I believe tire size will be different, yielding different performance concerning traction, torgue to the ground and speed.

/ Effect of Power #3  
<font color="blue">though not sure, I believe tire size will be different, </font>

Spec'd tires sizes are the same for both models. As well as the weight (3055 lbs) & 3 point lift capacity (1764 lbs @24" aft). You gain 4 PTO horsepower which could become a factor when using a rear implement to the limit (heavy wet brush hogging). I would not forsee a noticeable difference in the Hydraulic performance. 5 Horsepower more has the potential to have a positive effect on dragging ground engaging implements. (Your results may vary)

Don

/ Effect of Power #4  
I agree with Don...couldn't have said it better myself.

KO

/ Effect of Power #5  
I totaly agree with these guys the most noticable being pto hp. i don't knw the specific pto hp but say ck20 has 15 and ck30 had 20 that is around a 30% increase big diffrence!

/ Effect of Power
From the brochures I've seen, the CK25 and CK30 are identical except for the horsepower. In the other cases that I've seen (from my perspective as a newbie /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ), when the tractor HP changes the manufacturer also changes the tractor size. So, lower HP also gets you a smaller FEL, smaller tires, smaller BH, etc. Smaller implements means you can move less dirt at a time with the smaller engine and you don't overload it.

So, what happens here with these two new tractors whose only apparent difference is engine power?

A curious SpinyMouse

/ Effect of Power #7  
To the curious Spiny Mouse,

<font color="blue"> From the brochures I've seen, the CK25 and CK30 are identical except for the horsepower. </font>
That is also my impression

<font color="blue">when the tractor HP changes the manufacturer also changes the tractor size. </font>

Not necessarily so. New Holland has TC29, TC33 share the same size frame. (Class II) Same FEL, same tires . The Koiti KL130 FEL has not yet been released, so I cannot speak specifics as to the KL130.

The Front End Loader performance is based first on the hydraulic system secondly on horsepower. Since it appears they share the same hydraulic specifications I would not forsee a marketable difference in loader performance.
(of course, your results may vary)

If your uses require mostly ground engaging farm type work, plowing fields etc. Brush hogging neglected fields. The extra ponies should benefit you.

If your going to mow grass and do general front end loader work, the 25hp machine should fit these tasks.

Both machines should handle an appropriately sized three point snow blower, just depends how high you want to put the snow into the trees. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Don