eHydro or ePowrReverser

/ eHydro or ePowrReverser #1  

Yotecat

Hi all

For multiple tasks ie. loader work, field work, brush cutting, blade work, plowing, ect.
What is your preference the eHydro or the ePowrReverser?
And why do you prefer the one that you do?
I test drove them both yesterday and I can see advantages and disadvantages either way.

(To Hydro or not to Hydro that is the question)

Thanks

Paul

/ eHydro or ePowrReverser #2  
<font color="blue"> To Hydro or not to Hydro that is the question </font>
You can find more than you want to know if you search.
I am out of here because the war will start by at least the third or fourth post.

/ eHydro or ePowrReverser #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( because the war will start by at least the third or fourth post. )</font>
Fourth post and holding /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I went with an eHydro after watching the market for a few months. Used eHydros sold quickly and for more money (higher percentage of the new cost of the tractor). That may vary depending on where you're at. I like liquid assets in case my circumstances or my mind changes at some point down the road.
As far as working with either, you'll get used to either choice.
For me, the eHydro is more ergonomic. For loader work my left hand is on the steering wheel (on a spinner knob), right hand is on the loader joystick, right foot operates the drive pedals. I never have to let go of anything and the job is continuous.
You do give up a little bit of power with eHydro but you gain MotionMatch and LoadMatch so you can better use the power that is there.
At your elevation the power loss of the eHydro might be a bigger factor than here in the flatlands.

/ eHydro or ePowrReverser #5  
I consider ereverser to be a perfect combo. The main benefit of hydro to me would be direction change and that is done efficently with both.With ereverser you still get the feel of a geared tractor. That being said I also agre that re-sale maybe better for the hydro, but certainly wouldn't make your ereverser hard to sell. JMO

/ eHydro or ePowrReverser #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The main benefit of hydro to me would be direction change and that is done efficently with both. )</font>

I respectfully disagree /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just went through the same dilemna deciding between trannies. After a lot (I mean a ton) of research, I decided on the eHydro. I found out it is not at all like an auto transmission on a car or truck, with all kinds of parts that can wear out or burn up in a hurry under load. It is more like a hydraulic pump which propels the tractor. Anyway, the main benefit I saw in the eHydro was infinite speed control. The main benefit I say to the ePR was the fot throttle control.

I did two months of daily research before I made my decision. Was it a good one? Maybe. I don't think there is a bad decision between the two. I'll let you know tomorrow when my brand new 4310 eHydro is delivered.

/ eHydro or ePowrReverser #7  
I opted for the ePower Reverser and am very happy with it. I spent about 3 hours in the seat yesterday pushing brush. Changing directions is very easy and with the foot throttle I can do everything I want.

A lot of people say that if you are doing a great deal of FEL work then the hydro is the better choice. In my case, I do a lot of different work and the extra useable horsepower seemed a better choice for me.

I'm sure you will be happy either way you decide to go. But these are my opinions and experience.

/ eHydro or ePowrReverser #8  
If you like to throttle up for hydraulic speed, you may find the PRT a handful. I ran B3 with a 4710 to get the proper ultimate speed and found that it was pretty darn aggressive. Let out the clutch and it takes off nice, BUT push in the clutch and momentum keeps you rolling.

You basically need 2 feet and 2.5 hands to operate it. LF clutch, RF brake(s) LF steer and shift, and RH loader.

Now if you are patient and slower paced, this may be easier, but rapid direction changes can be tiring. You could use the foot throttle, but then if you idle slow, the loader is slow.

Also the diff lock placement totally sucks on the PRT. You almost need cowboy boots with extended heels to operate properly.

I operated a Ford backhoe with a PRT type of transmission except thet this one had I believe a torque converter. Drop in gear and it stayed put until you throttled it. There was also a lockout button on the joystick to uncouple the transmission so you could throttle up to do loader work.

/ eHydro or ePowrReverser #9  
There are obvious mechanical differences. I was trying to describe differences in operational "feel".How the hydro benefits daily operation. Hydros are great, I just hate to see people scared away from other types of transmissions when most are still a great improvement over the original gear models.To someone that has only operated older tractors in the past, a shuttle shift or ereverser can seem like a blessing and still cost much less. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ eHydro or ePowrReverser #10  
txhawg,
is it tomorrow yet? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How do you like the new rig?
Mark