Electric Fence - not working.

/ Electric Fence - not working. #21  
Do you have the wire connected together in a complete circular path? An electric fence uses the earth to complete the cicuit.

/ Electric Fence - not working. #22  
Thread over 13 years ago . By now the rancher, farmer etc might have other things "not working" . :)

/ Electric Fence - not working. #23  
Gentlemen,
Please enlighten me to where I went wrong. I purchased a (110v) electric fence-charger from TSC. Rated for 5-miles of fence - my little pasture is less than 1/2 mile around. Aluminum wire, insulators on all wood posts, Ground-rod is 6' galvanized with clamp to ground wire (not just looped to it tightly). Nothing is touching (grounding out) the wire. The box is close to a powerpole, but not THAT close. I'm using 10ga wire from the charger to the fence. I understand its rated for only 600v, but I should get SOMETHING to the fence wire. I get nothing. what am I doing wrong?

Please help be before this percheron/thoroughbred cross tears up the fence.

Thanks,
49T&C

Can you provide a little more info on your circuit? Or simply disconnect from the fence (keep the ground in the ground) and test for function at the out put terminal.

/ Electric Fence - not working. #24  
Rgladden welcome to the forum . :tractor:

/ Electric Fence - not working. #25  
Using 600V rated wiring is not good enough... The electricity from the charger is leaking to atmosphere... Humidity does that.... Go buy the wiring rated for a fencer.... Your fencer emits probably 50,000 volts and that will jump to anywhere it can.....
I tried household 12ga. wire .... no go.... changed to the high voltage charger wire and all was fine......