Electric Fence?

/ Electric Fence?
Thats why I mentioned to you in an earlier post to take back that Zareba if you could . Did you come back with same one or something different most big box store chargers on a long term deal are cwap .
I doubt if they still sell it but Harbor Freight sells or used to actually sell a solar charger also . Not that all HF stuff is bad but there solar charger is/was total junk .
this is the one i got at tractor supply.

/ Electric Fence?
Here is my fence. Will test after the sun charges battery for a few days. I got one ground rod in 8 ft, the other only 6 ft.

Attachments

• 20220504_173513_resized.jpg
    20220504_173513_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 92
  • 20220504_083444_resized.jpg
    20220504_083444_resized.jpg
    953.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220504_173437_resized.jpg
    20220504_173437_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
   / Electric Fence? #35  
What I've seen while watching many deer is that they usually go under most fences,
while they can jump quite well when not spooked and running they will normally go under most fences.

/ Electric Fence?
What I've seen while watching many deer is that they usually go under most fences,
while they can jump quite well when not spooked and running they will normally go under most fences.
Exactly, why I put the one low. We have a lot of deer. I have seen 50+ here a few years ago. Seems the last few years maybe 30 or so hang around here. I am going to plant a lot of stuff for them, so hopefully they will leave this garden alone. We have CWD here I think it might have thinned them some, but not sure.

/ Electric Fence? #37  
I had the last strand at about 4 to 6 inches to keep the rabbits out.

/ Electric Fence?
'Well, my new charger was charging for 5 days, two days rainy. Just turned it on, light indicates it is working, the battery light says fully charged. No juice at the terminals. I tried two new testers, then touched it nothing. Could I possibly have bought two new junk chargers. Should I just buy a 110 ac and run a wired 250 ft. or is there a solar brand that works? Thanks

/ Electric Fence? #39  
How are you using the "tester" and what is your tester ?

I use a small electric fencer to keep deer out of my small flower bed. Works great. I have a video of a deer going up to the fence and getting a shock on it's nose. This is the second year I have the fence up and don't have any more issues with deer. I have a 2ft high chicken wire fence along the ground to keep out the rabbits.

/ Electric Fence?
How are you using the "tester" and what is your tester ?

I use a small electric fencer to keep deer out of my small flower bed. Works great. I have a video of a deer going up to the fence and getting a shock on it's nose. This is the second year I have the fence up and don't have any more issues with deer. I have a 2ft high chicken wire fence along the ground to keep out the rabbits.
The testers are cheap China made 20-dollar testers one from Tractor Supply and the other from Southern States. But I even touched both terminals and no shock. The chargers are not working. Both were charged up for 5 days before turning on. Going to take the TS back tomorrow and stop at SS & see if they have a quality one. I sometimes think I get new stuff at the store that was just restocked stuff that someone else returned.