Electric quick connect

/ Electric quick connect #1  

VALENT

Silver Member
Can someone point me in the right direction with this? We have a sprayer monitor that we are trying to make easy to move from one tractor to another. So, we need the power supply to be easy to unhook/hook between tractors. Where would I get a connection for this? It looks like the wire is 8 guage or perhaps 6 so I dont think a trailer connector will be strong enough. Or would it?

/ Electric quick connect #2  
Wow! 6 or 8 guage? That's big. I'm not sure if it will work but you might go by an electrical supply house and show them what you've got and see what they think. Sounds to me like a male/female connector you'd use in your house or on a piece of industrial machinery would work.

/ Electric quick connect #3  
6 or 8 is huge wire. You can sometimes find couplers for boat batteries that will handle that size wire. They are designed so you can swap to a spare battery quickly and without tools. They also make large connectors for plugging in forklift batteries.

-rus-

/ Electric quick connect #4  
I did the same thing on my bale monitor. I went to the local NAPA auto store and they had a 30 amp quick connect. I think it was about $15 and it was perfect for my application.
The larger 50 amp connectors were way too big.

/ Electric quick connect
Thanks for the fast responses. jdjdjd, I will have to go check out NAPA. Did their quick connect have positive and negative wires in one connection?

/ Electric quick connect #6  
Yes, it has a double housing with positive and negative. It also comes with heavy crimp connectors. You can crimp or solder the wire into the connector and then it snaps into the housing. These come in a pair for one + & - connection. You will need one half of a second pair to wire a different tractor.
Here is a link:
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=NW_740221_0063685698
This one says 175 amp. I think mine may be smaller but it is very similar to the one in the picture.

/ Electric quick connect
Well, thanks a bunch for that link. I did all kinds of searches at Napaonline and could not find this. I did find a nice connector for trolling motors which would work well, also.

Oh, and I do think the wire is 8 or 10 guage, not 6.