Electrical Panel

/ Electrical Panel
Thanks for all the info we just doubled up three and we will see what happens...There is no way to get at the box really to drill any holes it is very hard just to get at the screws that clamp the wires...

/ Electrical Panel #12  
Pipe ?, raceway ?

I don't think he's using any type of conduit.

Any hoot, I'd double check about doubling up in your cable clamps.

Easier and faster now than doing it twice later.

/ Electrical Panel
Pipe ?, raceway ?

Yes I think your right he's not calling for the inspection for 2 weeks now so I think I will better than a fail and a reinspection...

/ Electrical Panel #14  
Willl said:
Pipe ?, raceway ?

When derating wires, cable assemblies running through a hole are treated the same way as pipe fill. Grnd don't count for fill and neutral are dependant if they are considered current carrying conductor(ccc)or not. On a 120/240v system, a neutral in a 14/3 nmd cable is not a ccc but in a 14/2, the neutral does count as ccc. That's why you can run two 14/3 cable assemblies in a single hole. The ccc count is 4 so no deration needed. More inspectors think the maximum is a 14/2 + a 14/3, which is incorrect.

/ Electrical Panel #15  
ive been putting 2 sets of 2 wire romex (with ground) wires in a knockout hole for over 28 years without any issues. Though for some time ive been using plastic romex connectors instead of the metal 2 screw connectors to prevent any problems. Now when it comes to 14/3 or 12/3 or the larger sets of romex, its one per hole.

/ Electrical Panel #16  
Actually, I'm surprised there's no more knockouts and yet still room for more breakers.

The few panels I've messed with had enough knockouts to cover the number of breakers.

/ Electrical Panel #17  
ive been putting 2 sets of 2 wire romex (with ground) wires in a knockout hole for over 28 years without any issues. Though for some time ive been using plastic romex connectors instead of the metal 2 screw connectors to prevent any problems. Now when it comes to 14/3 or 12/3 or the larger sets of romex, its one per hole.

Agree and here is the proof,, http://www.plumbersurplus.com/pdf/3201TB.pdf

/ Electrical Panel #18  

yup, but i use the push in kind.....less labor and im really lazy.

images.jpg

/ Electrical Panel #20  
Thanks for the picture