ELECTRICAL PROBLEM W/TN75A

/ ELECTRICAL PROBLEM W/TN75A #1  

WHITMAN NH

WHEN I FIRST PURSCHASED THE TRACTOR I HAD ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS. IT WOULD NOT GO FORWARD OR REVERSE (SHUTTLE SHIFT). I TOOK IT TO A NEW HOLLAND DEALER AND THEY SAID THEY FIXED IT. NOW IT BLOWS THE FUSE THAT RUNS THE TACK, FUEL GAUGE. THE BEEPER THAT TELLS YOU TO PUT THE EBRAKE ON GO'S OFF WHEN YOU RELEASE IT. SO I UNHOOKED THE WIRES FROM THE ATERNATOR AND IT DOESN'T BLOW A FUSE, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. SO I HAD THE ALTERNATOR TESTED AND IT IS FINE, BUT IF I HOOK THE ALTERNATOR BACK UP IT WILL BLOW THE FUSE.
I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT GOING INTO GEAR OR JUST NOT MOVING AT ALL WHILE I AM FEEDING COWS, IT LEFT ME STRANDED THE OTHER NIGHT. THE ENGINE RUNS BUT IT WILL STOP MOVING. PLEASE HELP!!

/ ELECTRICAL PROBLEM W/TN75A #2  
Have you asked your dealer about this new problem? Did the tractor work after the dealer fixed the first problem? How long before you started having this problem?

A lot of these new tractors are having electrical problems because they are putting too much electrical items on them. A pinched wire here or a worn wire there and you have to start tracing the system to find where it is.

My TN65 had a pinched wire that wouldn't let the rear electric outlets work. My tractor was out of warranty but the dealer had NH warranty it since it was a assembly mess up.

/ ELECTRICAL PROBLEM W/TN75A
YES THE DEALER SEEMED TO OF FIXED THE PROBLEM IN NOV.06 AND THEN OCT. 07 IT STARTED BLOWING THE FUSE AND WOULDN'T MOVE. I TRIED TALKING TO THE SHOP MANAGER AT THE NH DEALERSHIP AND HE SAID HE WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT IT, HE WAS TO BUSY TO REALLY LISTEN TO WHAT I HAD TO SAY. I ALREADY PAID THEM $600 ON THE FIRST GO AROUND, SO I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT MYSELF IF I CAN.

/ ELECTRICAL PROBLEM W/TN75A #4  
I believe if you do a search on this blown fuse problem, some previous post will come up. Seems that there have been a few problems with the EHSS shuttle shifter giving trouble due to a safety black box, or a transmission relay gone bad. It may be incorporated into the wiring in such a way that it is causing the fuse to blow. I am sure that you are replacing the fuse with one of the same voltage, and amperage. And please turn your CAP lock off. It gives the impression that you are yelling at everyone. We understand that you are upset with your TN75, but..............we are trying to help. There are a few true experts with the TN75 tractors, hopefully one will chime in here soon so you can get your NH fixed!:)

/ ELECTRICAL PROBLEM W/TN75A #5  
WHITMAN NH said:
YES THE DEALER SEEMED TO OF FIXED THE PROBLEM IN NOV.06 AND THEN OCT. 07 IT STARTED BLOWING THE FUSE AND WOULDN'T MOVE. I TRIED TALKING TO THE SHOP MANAGER AT THE NH DEALERSHIP AND HE SAID HE WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT IT, HE WAS TO BUSY TO REALLY LISTEN TO WHAT I HAD TO SAY. I ALREADY PAID THEM $600 ON THE FIRST GO AROUND, SO I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT MYSELF IF I CAN.

Please type in normal letter case. All uppercase is the equivalent of shouting.

Cityfarma

/ ELECTRICAL PROBLEM W/TN75A #6  
My assessment ( I'm not calling it a guess) is you have two problems. A short to ground in the power shuttle circuit, likely in the area of the shuttle lever itself. That is causing your fuse problem and failure to drive. The second problem is in the seat switch circuit, either the seat switch itself, or the harness going to it. An open here makes the audible alarm do annoying things relative to the PTO control and park brake. This will also affect the powershuttle forcing you to use the clutch pedal when taking off from a dead stop. Typical cause of seat switch harness damage is carrying tow chains or other heavy items behind the seat. Why are you paying your dealer; is this tractor not under warranty?

/ ELECTRICAL PROBLEM W/TN75A #7  
As always, Rick to the rescue:D

Sorry about the caps, i didn't know that was shouting, but anyway the alternator was tested by two different company's and they said it is working fine. So i took and put it back in and everything is working fine. My guess is that there was a pinched wire or a wire was loose, really i have no idea.

I wanted to tell RickB and all others i really appreciate your help. I don't think I am out of the woods yet, but i will print off the suggestions and If it happens again i will try those ideas you gave me. Thanks again