eMax25S - First impressions

/ eMax25S - First impressions #12  
emax is daedong???

The Mahindra eMax is a TYM tractor with a daedong engine. I think TYM uses Yanmar engines in their own machines. (At least most of the models under 55 horsepower - according to their website.) :confused:

/ eMax25S - First impressions #14  
I couldn't get Ag tires with the set up I wanted and had to settle for R4 industrial tires. The manual says they're available but the dealer said they were not.

The one complaint is the engine oil dipstick. You have to remove the side cover just to check the oil ! That really needs to be addressed.

The location of the fuel tank and filler neck are a very big negative. The fuel filler neck requires a funnel when filling from a can and the location of the filler neck is not ideal. A larger filler neck, with a tethered cap would be my choice and it should be located on the side of the tractor as opposed to the top of the hood. It's a poor layout.

I am thinking the ag tires are quite a bit taller and interfere with the mid mount mower.

I agree on the dipstick, it is a problem on many Mahindra tractors. They need to do like the automotive world and install a tube and a longer stick to make it more convenient.

We have asked for larger fuel tank openings for years. Why not a 3" cap? As for tank location, every location has it's issues. On a compact tractor you can have a tank behind the seat, but that interferes with the backhoe if you have a swing seat type hoe. You can go under the floor boards, but that doesn't work well with a low profile tractor for which you want to be able to mount a MMM. You can go under the hood, and that makes it hard to fill. Pick your poison. :)

/ eMax25S - First impressions #16  
I am thinking the ag tires are quite a bit taller and interfere with the mid mount mower.

I agree on the dipstick, it is a problem on many Mahindra tractors. They need to do like the automotive world and install a tube and a longer stick to make it more convenient.

We have asked for larger fuel tank openings for years. Why not a 3" cap? As for tank location, every location has it's issues. On a compact tractor you can have a tank behind the seat, but that interferes with the backhoe if you have a swing seat type hoe. You can go under the floor boards, but that doesn't work well with a low profile tractor for which you want to be able to mount a MMM. You can go under the hood, and that makes it hard to fill. Pick your poison. :)

I learned to live with the fuel cap up on top of the hood by getting a decent EZ Pour spout with extension from TSC. With the extension on the nozzle I can put the end of the nozzle into the fill cap with the can sitting on the loader fork and hood then just tip the can over till some of the fuel empties into the tank. This makes the can lighter for dumping the rest of the can into the tank. All done while standing on the ground. With the small 7.5 gal tank I only need to fuel with one 5 gallon can at a time.

/ eMax25S - First impressions #17  
I've had my eMax25s for almost a month and have some observations.

Fuel fill - It's not a show stopper. Either add a new nozzle or hold it up like I do. I like the positive shutoff of the new EPA nozzle.
Lift capacity - If it fits it in the bucket, it lifts it. There have been some times when I was digging the rear did lift even with the tires filled. The hydraulics didn't stop, I did.
Fuel consumption - 6hrs of 2k rpm = 5gal, not bad!
Lights - It could use some auxiliary lights to the side and rear. Putting those on over the holidays.

So far it exceeds my expectations. As I use it more I'm sure there will be limitations but I needed a SCUT. I'm sure the extra 3hp over the eMax22 helps.

-R

Last edited:
   / eMax25S - First impressions #18  
I was told the "S" in model number means steel

/ eMax25S - First impressions #19  
I was told the "S" in model number means steel

When I was shopping that's what I noticed. I also noticed the "s" model went from a single bucket piston to dual pistons.

-R

/ eMax25S - First impressions #20  
When I was shopping that's what I noticed. I also noticed the "s" model went from a single bucket piston to dual pistons.

-R

Compared to the other loaders in the sub sized Max line. the 25S loader looks better engineered & built and the one I saw had a SSQA.

Last edited: