Enclosed Trailer Brands?

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #1  

IllMarty1

Silver Member
I am looking at 24' enclosed 14000 GVW. Brands I am looking at are:

1) Interstate 1
2) Wells Cargo
3) Blazer

They all look the same basically. Anyone have any horror stories?

Marty

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #2  
Look at Halmark, i've had mine for about 10 years and she is still going strong
(mine is only 10k lbs)

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #3  
Look at Halmark, i've had mine for about 10 years and she is still going strong
(mine is only 10k lbs)

I bought a used Pace Legacy that I'm very happy with...

Got a deal... $2800 because it had two rips in the outside panels... one on the ramp gate where it was lowered on top of something and one on the side from a gouge...

For less than $100 I replaced the damaged panels... even bought the new panels from the Pace Dealer and didn't have to pay freight because he added it to one of his trailer orders...

The only thing I may improve is stiffening the floor where the tractor tires are... I noticed depressions from the tires after cinching down my binders...

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #4  
I really like my 10k Royal Crown. Its was cheap, looks great, and has a ton of features. 28' V nose with a front ramp for sleds, for less than $7k.

I never did weight the last load (I was afraid if I knew, I'd turn back and unload some stuff) but it sure did make the F350 squat in that back, even with my load bars cranked. did the 500 miles with that load without a problem, and the few thousand before that load too.

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #5  
I've got a 30' H&H and a 12' Royal Cargo. Both good trailers. The H&H is built pretty rugged and heavy. Good luck.

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #6  
I have a wells cargo that we (my employee's) pull 50-150 mile every day, 5 days a week doing seamless rain gutters. Other then tire replacement and greasing the bearings, no issues. This is my 2nd one , first one wore out 3 trucks. Between the first Wells Carge and the one we have now, I tried another brand built "almost like" Wells cargo, BIG MISTAKE. I did'nt even look at another brand this time.
Jack

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #7  
I assume you are going for that much GVW so you can maintain capacity when factoring in unloaded weight. Consider going with an all aluminum trailer. My 28' enclosed CargoPro weighs only 3900 pounds leaving me 6099 in payload. If you are not going distances it may not matter, but if you are the fuel costs may make up the cost differential pretty quickly.

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #8  
I like my 'Interstate' cargo trailer which is a different company than 'Interstate 1' although their logo looks very similar.....it's a 7 x 16 with options like aluminum checkerplate and torsion axles.

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #9  
I purchased a 7'x18' Wells Cargo about 8 years ago. I did get the extra 1' height inside, 30" side door and rear barn doors. I use it for work, play and storage. I have been pleased with the construction of the trailer but the painted wheels are flaking badly and I wish it had more stone chip protection on the front.

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #10  
Wells Cargo 21 enclosed. Could not be happier. Well built. Get the deck plate in front and on fenders. Mine is black with aluminum deck plate, fenders, stainless front, aluminum wheels with Goodyear Marathons, Dexter axles, and LED lights. Well built trailer.