Engine Block Heater Installation

/ Engine Block Heater Installation #1  

zekeman

Silver Member
Has anyone installed a block heater on their 4110 ? can an amateur do it or do I need the Dealer? where can it be purchased other than the dealer? " Cost " ?
Ron

/ Engine Block Heater Installation #2  
RON, MY NAME IS GALEN LAWALL AND I AM A MAHINDRA TRACTOR DEALER FROM BATAVIA, NY. I WOULDN'T THINK YOU SHOULD NEED A BLOCK HEATER ON THE 4110, I HAVEN'T HAD ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE 4110'S STARTING IN THE WINTER. IF I HAD TO PUT A BLOCK HEATER IN I WOULD SPLICE IT IN THE LOWER RADIATOR HOSE. THERE ARE HEATERS MADE JUST FOR THIS TYPE OF INSTALATION. GOOD LUCK

/ Engine Block Heater Installation
Galen
Does this type of heater circulate the fluid as it heats, if no circulation how does the engine block get heated, or once started would warmed antifreeze crack a "ice" cold engine block. Another type heater recomended on another forum is the freeze out(welch) plug heater -"installed a threaded heater he picked up from his kubota dealer". One last question- are magnetic heaters attached to the block worthless.

Ron

/ Engine Block Heater Installation #4  
I live in eastern Iowa and my dealer (Franzen's) installs a block heater on every new Mahindra that it sells for ease of starting in the winter. The 7520 that I just had delivered a few weeks ago starts great so far, but when it gets 10 degrees or less, I will probably just plug it in so to make it easier on the motor starting. Just my 2 cents worth.
Brian

/ Engine Block Heater Installation #5  
The dealer I bought my 4110 from installs a heater in the radiator hose of each Mahindra he sells free of charge. They are not as good as a block heater, but should help in extreme cold.

/ Engine Block Heater Installation #6  
They are not as good as a block heater

Why??

Egon

/ Engine Block Heater Installation #7  
RON, SOME OF THE MAHINDRA TRACTOR MODELS COME WITH A METAL BLOCK IN THE LOWER RADIATOR HOSE, TO INSTALL THE HEATER ( 05 SERIES, C SERIES, 25 SERIES). I INSTALL BLOCK HEATERS IN EVERY 00 SERIES, 20 SERIES, 25 SERIES, C SERIES, AND 05 SERIES, TRACTORS I SELL, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WILL BE NEEDED. THE 10 SERIES AND 15 SERIES, WITH COMBUSTION CHAMBER GLOW PLUGS, HAVE NEVER HAD ANY COLD STARTING PROBLEMS. I REALY DON'T FEEL THE BLOCK HEATER IS NEEDED. GOOD LUCK. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL ME, MY NUMBER IS 585-343-0770

/ Engine Block Heater Installation #8  
Up here in Wisc, sometimes we need all the help we can get on those cold winter mornings. The Mahindra 4500, does not have glow plugs for some reason that Mahindra deemed as not needed. I had one morning last winter where it "just barely" came to life. I consulted with my dealer(Burright Equip) out of Mt Morris, Ill, and he ordered a block heater and sent it to me at no charge. The installation took all of 20 minutes. I had to drain some coolant where it didn't flow out of the water drain plug housing(just above the starter). This is where the block heater is installed on the "00" series. None of the heaters that I'm familiar with actually have a pump as such to move the antifreeze around. A simple rule of physics is that warm water circulates or rises to the top on it's own. Anything that heats is better than nothing in my book but with a block heater, there is no cutting of the lower radiator hose. I plug my tractor in at night and the next morning, the whole block, including the oil - is warm. That brings us to the bottom line for all of us that live in the cooler climes. When you turn the key, you want warm oil circulating right away for lubrication. A lot of questions and thoughts in my mind and perhaps this should be on another thread but I'll try this first. I'm noticing that a lot of the original names that wrote in this forum when I came onboard are no longer writing. This is the only forum I'm aware of that has a Mahindra owners voice. Either we try to keep it alive with useful info or problems or we relegate to nothing more than a bragging post to the size of our toys. If what we're seeing for problems from owners is as small as the complaints - Mahindra has to be the best built tractor around. I for one have gleaned alot of info from this site and have always offered a reply when I thought it was applicable. I apologize for the long dissertation but I see this forum as a very useful tool as an owner.

/ Engine Block Heater Installation #9  
Well I'm not sure I would even need a block heater here in Ky, but Iwonder what the cost on one for the 6000 would be? I would rather by from an internet dealer than even talk to the folks I bought mine from.

/ Engine Block Heater Installation #10  
I had a block heater installed on my 2615 when i bought it. $138.00 I know it's alot of money but i coudn't fined one that would fit it anywhere else.It takes a very small one because the freeze plug hole is so small.