Engine Changes After Low Fuel

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel #11  
What tractor did you end up getting?

Have you added/modified anything on the electrical? I accidentally dropped a nut off one my ground connections, that was causing all sorts of odd 'running' issues.

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel #12  
You have air in the lines. Bleed it, it will be fine. Its not possible to hurt it by running low on fuel. It may take some effort to get the air out, be sure to fill the filter before you put it on. This isn't anything to get too worked up over.

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel #13  
Also, put a new filter on. Anything that was in the tank is now in the filter. Make sure you don't have a second filter, some have a primary and a secondary.

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel #14  
Let us know what the dealer finds wrong with it.

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel
The dealer mechanic thinks it could be water in the fuel and I'm going to check the fuel filter bowl when I get back home.

He also told me to put a quart of transmission oil in the fuel? Never heard that before.

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel #16  
Trans fluid is a detergent that will help clean the injectors. Power service (white bottle) does similar.

FYI, from my personal experience, with a diesel it's always, always, always, always fuel. And by that I mean either none due to an empty tank or lack of fuel due to a bad filter/air lock.

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel #17  
If its a brand new tractor - I would not put tranny fluid in the fuel.....

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel #18  
If its a brand new tractor - I would not put tranny fluid in the fuel.....

I'll second that.

That was an old school habit going back to mechanically injected diesels. I could maybe get away with that on my 3930, but I wouldn't do it even there, as there are much better fuel treatment options today.

Unless the manual tells you to pre-fill the filter, don't. Some companies go to great lengths to ensure that customers can not pre-fill filters.... The issue is the damage that can be done to modern injectors, but just that little bit of debris that can be introduced by pre-filling.

Rgds, D.

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel
Got the call from the dealer. Injectors were clogged and the different exhaust noise was a cracked muffler. Injectors were cleaned and the muffler was replaced. They say it's good as new now. Hope to pick it up tomorrow.

/ Engine Changes After Low Fuel #20  
Got the call from the dealer. Injectors were clogged and the different exhaust noise was a cracked muffler. Injectors were cleaned and the muffler was replaced. They say it's good as new now. Hope to pick it up tomorrow.

What did that run you?