Engine Check On

/ Engine Check On #1  

dirtyb115

Bronze Member
On to the next issue. RK37, the engine check indicator is on the digital display. It does not have the regen next to it. Is there anyway to see what is triggering it without the obd reader I assume RK has?
Thanks!

/ Engine Check On #2  
On to the next issue. RK37, the engine check indicator is on the digital display. It does not have the regen next to it. Is there anyway to see what is triggering it without the obd reader I assume RK has?
Thanks!
Start by checking the fluids, engine oil, water. Then check the radiator for blockage. My guess is after you find where the dip stick is you will find the oil is low.

Last edited:
   / Engine Check On
Start by checking the fluids, engine oil, water. Then check the radiator for blockage. My guess is after you find where the dip stick is you will find the oil is low.
Thanks for the reply, all fluids were good. I ended up trying to connect my OBD2 scanner to the 8 Pin diagnostics connector. I was able to identify 12V, Gnd, Can+, and Can-. One of my 3 scanners would connect, but it would not show me any anything useful. Then i noticed the two wires next to the 8 pin connector looked like they plugged in together. I was thinking maybe they had to be connected for the diagnostics port to fully work. I plugged them in and while i still could not get anything from my scanner, the LCD screen on the tractor showed an error code and description (Exhaust Manifold Temperature Sensor.) I traced the manifold sensor back and sure enough one of the 2 wires was completely broken. So it looks like if you have any error codes you can connect the wires and it will show you what the errors are. I did notice it did not work if you have the wires connected when you turn the key on. You have to turn key on first, then connect the wires. Hope this helps someone else!

Attachments

• 20240310_180506.jpg
    20240310_180506.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • BrokenManifoldSensorWire.jpg
    BrokenManifoldSensorWire.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
   / Engine Check On #4  
sounds like a good attn to detail on your part. a code reader port should be part of Tier IV technology if we have to follow all that crap. best regards