Engine code PO336 on Kubota 3560LE tractor

/ Engine code PO336 on Kubota 3560LE tractor #1  

BrentC

Tractor
Kubota GL3240
I had this code pop up on my Intellipanel while mowing. I understand that it is the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Called my dealer and he indicated that there is a service bulletin on this? Has anyone else had this happen on their 3560LE tractor or any other Kubota tractor? Does it hurt anything to operate the tractor with this particular code? Any information regarding this would be appreciated. Thanks!

/ Engine code PO336 on Kubota 3560LE tractor #2  
Can be triggered by stalling the tractor under load or may appear for little reason. No harm in operating the tractor with this code active. Connection to a PC with Kubota Diagmaster software will be required to clear it. There is a range of tractors that would benefit from a software update to prevent this from occurring. If you are within the 5 year federal emissions warrantee the update and code clearing should be covered.

/ Engine code PO336 on Kubota 3560LE tractor
Rick - Thanks for your response! i operated the tractor today for roughly 15 minutes mowing with it not triggering another code response. I review this website frequently and if i am not mistaken you are a Kubota technician? i just want to make sure i can continue to operate the tractor under normal light mowing load without any warranty issues. The tractor is roughly 10 months old with 80 hours. it is mostly used to mow 5 acres of yard. Very light use conditions. i baby the machine and I no there was no abuse to trigger the code based upon the way i was operating? thanks again for your response!

/ Engine code PO336 on Kubota 3560LE tractor #4  
I work in the service office at a Kubota/New Holland dealership.
My wrench turning days are behind me.

/ Engine code PO336 on Kubota 3560LE tractor #5  
   / Engine code PO336 on Kubota 3560LE tractor #6  
Why not call your dealer back and ask them directly if it is safe to operate or not? I understand the difficulty in transporting equipment back for warranty work, but given the cost and complexity of modern engine controls I'd have them investigate/correct.

When users forgo having the dealership deal with these issues first hand, Kubota loses the opportunity to gather data on what is truly happening in the field. One can't expect their quality to improve if they have no data showing their is an issue or the the magnitude of the issue.

Even if you discuss with dealer, doesn't mean the data makes it's way to Kubota. Create a work order under warranty and now they have visibility.