engine heaters by Kats (Five Star Mfg.)

/ engine heaters by Kats (Five Star Mfg.) #1  

NVArt

Tractor
Case 580C, Bobcat 743, Lull, Ford 1310, Cat. D2, Michigan 275
Lower radiator hose type; there is a thermostat that burns out every three or four years. No need to replace the entire heater, removing it from the tractor and replacing, losing anti-freeze etc.
So I called Five Star Mfg. Ha. I can't buy a new thermostat. Was told I wasn't qualified to change it.
So I'm going to continue to buy a new engine heater in total, remove the thermostat and replace the burnt out one in the tractor; then pour a gallon of anti-freeze on the ground like Five Star and Kats must want.
Yeah, I know I can spend hours of gymnastics keeping the A-F from contaminating the ground in the freezing cold with the wind blowing, but hey, I'll play their silly game.
O.K. Rather than that, has anyone run into the same problem? Thermostat number 080-20 8708 whatever those numbers mean.

/ engine heaters by Kats (Five Star Mfg.) #2  
Ran into the same issue with a zerostart heater, on a cat 3412 that I believe had about 45gal of coolant in it and I was able to find the component.
If you google image search "thermo disc switch" sometimes you can see something similar and then figure out who made it and then it's possible to decode the model number for a replacement.

I'm guessing here but 80 might be the temp cut out and 20 the differential temp for resset, then the last bit is the style of switch.