Oil & Fuel Engine Oil CK3510HST

/ Engine Oil CK3510HST #1  

Downeastjustin

Tractor
Kioti CK3510
I am getting ready for my 50hr service on my CK3510HST. Anyone have recommendations on which oil weight to use?? The manual gives me options of 10W30, 10W40, or 15W40. On older equipment I have worked on we always used 15W40 but this is the first time dealing with new equipment.

Thanks for your help, I tired the search box but no luck.

Sorry I live in Maine

Last edited:
   / Engine Oil CK3510HST #2  
I use 15W40.......This Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 synthetic blend.............

/ Engine Oil CK3510HST #3  
If you post where you live (state) you might get better answers....

/ Engine Oil CK3510HST #4  
15w40 is too heavy for startup protection because the oil pump simply will not grab it as readily, 0w40 or 5w40 would be much better. If 10w30 is on the list, 5w30 or 0w30 would give even better protection on startups cold or hot. In a VW Cabrio that I had, it had one or two hydraulic valve lifters that apparently drained down and would hammer on startup (even in warm weather) unless I had 0w30 in it. You can get it online, Mobil1 or Amsoil. It's ESP (exhaust system protection) Mobil 1 for diesels.

Ralph

/ Engine Oil CK3510HST #5  
I've been running Rotella T-6 synthetic 5w-40 in my DK 35 the past 20 years.

/ Engine Oil CK3510HST #6  
I would use OEM filters at least till the warranty is over......

/ Engine Oil CK3510HST #7  
Justin,
Well I'm in Ontario, between Ottawa and Toronto, so probably our weather temps are quite similar? I use AMSOIL 5W30 year round in my CK30HST as well as the Tractor Trans/Hydraulic fluid, and really like how well the oil performs, especially on a cold start. Oil light goes out almost before I release the ignition key. I used to have a block heater, but one day when I plugged it in and while standing around waiting, the dang thing almost caught fire. Glad that I was there and didn't leave it for an hour or two as I usually did. My tractor is always shedded, but no block heater for about 5 years now and fires up easily with only 2 glow-plug cycles needed on very cold days. After a 5 minute warm-up she's good to go snow-blowing or whatever I have planned for the day. Here's a link for AMSOIL and shipped right to your door, easy peasy.... Read up on the various grades and decide which is suitable for you. Probably a good idea to use OEM filters while your tractor has warranty. Dutchy

Last edited:
   / Engine Oil CK3510HST #8  
In Maine, I would use 5W30 fully synthetic oil for year round protection. Use OEM filters at all times, or at least until your warranty expires. Stock up on 2-3 of each OEM filter, oil, fuel, air, hydraulic and HST if applicable.

/ Engine Oil CK3510HST #9  
I would use OEM filters at least till the warranty is over......
OEM says 10w30; so 0w30, 5w30 or 10w30 would fit. Best would be 0w30 if you can find it. Can get it online.

/ Engine Oil CK3510HST #10  
0 weight Euro oils are good for complicated euro-weenie engines that are always doing something (cam-phasers, etc, chain tensioners) along with lubricating the moving parts of your engine. They are very sensitive to the oil viscosity.

They also use advanced valve train camshaft rollers/followers and make most of their power above 3,000 RPM. I don't think your Daedong engine uses roller lifters. And it's not gonna see 6,000 RPM very often. Or more than once.

For that reason, I'd steer clear of '0' weight oil. It's intended for high-tech, high-RPM engines and there's no cushion for the lifters at all. If it were me, I'd run a good 5W-40 synthetic diesel oil.

I'm in South Florida and I run 5W-40 synthetic in my Cummins. If I were in the Great White North, I'd run the same oil. Antarctica? Another story.

15W-40 dino oil is a good lubricant, it's just thicker than it needs to be. Especially when you consider there are alternatives. And it's usually not synthetic (although it can be).

Right now, I'm running 5w-40 Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme. Because it was on sale. T6 is good stuff, so is Mobil1.

You don't need to put a lot of thought into it, just use a good 5w-40 synthetic and tractor on