Engine problems.

/ Engine problems. #11  
winton, I vote fuel flow problem ,Just last week my neighbors massey 50 (gas) was very similar to your symptom where it would start and run for about ten minute the sputter out, checked and cleaned bowl ,blew out line to carb,same thing would only run ten minutes, Had to go other direction from bowl thru shut off to tank where sediment was blocking fuel from entering line to bowl..If its a kept outside tractor the condensation that helps form a light corrosion on the inside of tank finally takes its toll when enough of it covers the screen leaving the fuel tank,just lets enough gas through to supply it for a while...Well at least that's what I found on my neighbors tractor ...Good luck ,Mark S. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Engine problems. #12  
Any verdict yet on the problem winton? Hope it's resolved by now!

/ Engine problems. #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( at which point it revs a few times and then konks out altogether. )</font>

I had the misfortune of running out of fuel this past weekend on my diesel. Increased revs were the first indication of a problem. I'll cast a vote for a fuel delivery problem.

TBAR

/ Engine problems. #14  
I had the same symptoms with an M Farmall. Turns out there was a large piece of rust blocking the fuel line from the tank to the sediment bowl.

/ Engine problems. #15  
I had this type of problem on a Super C because the rubber fuel hose was too long and looped under the air breather assembly. Rerouted the line as short as possible and had no more problems.

/ Engine problems.
Thanks, everyone. I replaced the sediment bowl filter and fuel line, and all seems well, now. (Sorry for the delay in updating you -- it took me this long to get the parts!)