engine rpm problem

/ engine rpm problem #11  
Hey Jason1,

I'm following this thread so I wanted to give it a bump back to the top. Almost sounds like a governor issue... does the throttle linkage stick at 1600 rpm (I'm sure you've checkd that already) .

/ engine rpm problem #12  
I was thinking along the same line as CowwFace. Is the injection pump mechanically controlled? Does the throttle arm make contact with the upper limit stop?

/ engine rpm problem #14  
Have you reached under the hood and tried to move the throttle linkage by hand? You might have to take the cable off to get full movement without fighting the cable. Mine was sticking where it feeds through the firewall. Had to adjust it a bit and all was fine.

If it's running good and just won't go any faster, it sure sounds like throttle/governor or linkage thereto. Throttle travel will be affected by both foot pedal linkages as well as dash throttle linkages. Either one could stop your travel if misadjusted.

/ engine rpm problem #15  
Kioti had a run of bad injector pumps, call your dealer.

/ engine rpm problem
I have successfully located the issue with the help of the members of this site and a mechanic friend. The problem was the outer spring in the injector pump. The end of it came off the attachment point. This explains why it ran so well at idle and up to 1600 rpm. I can tell you all that a simple look under the inspection plate several days ago would have saved me hours of grief. The inspection plate itself looked like something I didnt want to touch. But within seconds of its removal the problem was solved. The good thing is i have a great appreciation for this site and it pointing me in the right direction. thank you to all that replied. I also have a good or better understanding of my tractor and engine compartment( being a tinker workaholic overachiever i couldnt help myself not to tear into the hole thing). Lesson learned is start with the basics and then when your past your point of skill call somebody else. Of course pulling that plate off wasnt hard but did look like something I could get myself into trouble with. Again thanks to all that replied. Now warranty on the fix is the next hurdle. And then onto the gallons of water I poured into my tank from the gas station. My buddy was scratching his head on how the two of them happened at the same time. thanks again

/ engine rpm problem #17  
Glad you found it and even more thanks for posting what you found. Happy motoring.

Steve

/ engine rpm problem #18  
Glad you found it and even more thanks for posting what you found. Happy motoring.

Steve

x2. Very helpful post to put in the old memory bank (actually I hope it never will be).

/ engine rpm problem #19  
I have successfully located the issue with the help of the members of this site and a mechanic friend. The problem was the outer spring in the injector pump. The end of it came off the attachment point. This explains why it ran so well at idle and up to 1600 rpm. I can tell you all that a simple look under the inspection plate several days ago would have saved me hours of grief. The inspection plate itself looked like something I didnt want to touch. But within seconds of its removal the problem was solved. The good thing is i have a great appreciation for this site and it pointing me in the right direction. thank you to all that replied. I also have a good or better understanding of my tractor and engine compartment( being a tinker workaholic overachiever i couldnt help myself not to tear into the hole thing). Lesson learned is start with the basics and then when your past your point of skill call somebody else. Of course pulling that plate off wasnt hard but did look like something I could get myself into trouble with. Again thanks to all that replied. Now warranty on the fix is the next hurdle. And then onto the gallons of water I poured into my tank from the gas station. My buddy was scratching his head on how the two of them happened at the same time. thanks again

I doubt that there was any "....the gallons of water I poured into my tank from the gas station." Most than likely the the water contamination came from condensation in the tank, a naturally occuring process.

Keep the tank full to reduce this and treat the fuel with a water dispersant ( like PS White, et al) in the fall to prevent freezing of condensate in the tank bottom.

Change your fuel filter in the fall before freezing weather and keep a spare filter on hand in case your fuel filter freezes up. With a water dispersant in the fuel, it will freeze on the filter (that's the bad news) and you can change the filter and get running again(the good news). If it freezes in the tank bottom where it collects......bigger problem.

Remember to drain your filter and your water separator (if you have one) before and after using the tractor to help rid yourself of condensate in the fuel.

Glad to hear you're up and running.