Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low #11  
"I let it run for about twenty to thirty minutes before operating but it still stays cool the entire time I use it. "

That's way too long to let it idle...you're wasting fuel (at $2.00 plus per gallon) and not helping the tractor at all...

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low #12  
Similiar problems with cool running have been reported in the New Holland line. It has been traced back to a "Jiggle-Ball" that got stuck in the thermostat and kept it open all the time. I imagine that there can't be too many thermostat manufacturers, and could see where similiarly designed thermostats could be used in both Blue and Orange.

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low #13  
AKFord,

Do you have a MMM and bagger for your BX, if so do they work well. Also where did you get it - I ordered my L3830 from the Lower-48 and am wavering back and forth between BX an a New Holland.

PS. I posted some photos in the Kubota section.

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low #14  
My B7610 HST runs cool as well. Even in the heat of the summer. This appears to be a normal situation.

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low
Roy Jackson,

I checked my owner's manual and it said to run the tractor for 10 to 15 minutes with the ambient temps I am currently in, I don't need to let it run longer until it gets below 0.

AKKubota, I did get the MMM, the 48" model as that was already on the tractor. I didnt' get the bagger as it was too expensive - it was bagger or loader and I went with loader. I've only had one chance to use the MMM before the snow flew and I just went over the clippings again and it worked great. Next year I might buy a tow behind lawn sweeper. I thought about buying a NH and a JD but I couldn't find any NH dealers (for service under Warranty) in Alaska and JD didn't make any sub compacts as small as the BX1500. I bought my Kubota out of WA but United Rentals dropped their prices significantly and they may still be pretty low right now, if they had done that the week before I would have bought from them and they manager wasn't willing to dicker with me either so I bought from out of state.

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low #16  
There was a thread a year or so ago on operating temps... I had installed a dial temp. guage on my B8200, and it seldom gets up over 170- and I checked the temp with a thermometer- right on. I think there is a lot of reserve cooling built into these things, for the times you are really pushing it. Thermostat works as intended. Others posted the same opinions.

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low #17  
As far as your HST issues go.....I'd switch the hydro fluid to Kubota Super UDT and see if that helps. When I had a BX2200, the switch to Super UDT made a difference. It was quieter and smoother...especially during sub-zero winter operation in Vermont.

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low
I think you are right, I am going to switch to the Super UDT. My local dealer should have some in this week and as soon as he does I am going to do the swap.

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low #19  
After reading this post, I had to check my Cub 7275. It has never read in the green unless the radiator screen gets plugged. I removed the thermostat and placed it in a pan of water on the kitchen stove. I put in a meat thermometer and turned the stove on high. The thermostat opened at 150. No wonder my tractor wasn't heating up. It had a 180 degree thermostat in it. The local dealer didn't have a new one in stock either. So a quick trip to the auto parts store to get the next best thing. A thermostat the next diameter up. I belt sanded the OD of the thermostat to fit my housing. The temperature gauge now reads 1/8 into the green when driving around with it after it is warmed up. I would suggest doing the pan trick to see if your thermostat is opening early like mine was.

/ Engine Temperature Seem To Always Be Low #20  
AK FORD - the new New Holland dealer is Bailey's Rental in Anchorage - and they are very aggressive and easy to work with. I purchased some implements from them. I also bought my L3830 in Washington, but would like to buy locally for my "little" tractor. I was thinking BX, but now maybe the new GR....