Enjoying my David Brown 780 Selectomatic

/ Enjoying my David Brown 780 Selectomatic #41  
It is looking nice. It is good to have a good starting/running tractor like that around the place.

/ Enjoying my David Brown 780 Selectomatic
Nothing really new yet with the tractor. It is performing wonderfully, :) as I need it working right now the restoration has slowed but I have kept it as clean as possible and ready to work on. The Tachometer cable broke after 25 hrs. but that may be my fault. :mur: I have a new cable now that has the correct threaded ends and greased the inner cable ready to install. Gear shifter plate is being worked on. Will have more pictures early in August.

/ Enjoying my David Brown 780 Selectomatic
David Brown tire1.JPG

Now that the weather has started to warm up it was time to get a new tire on the David Brown. :laughing: As you can see the inner rim has been put on. That is step one. I also put the inner tube on the wheel rim. :thumbsup:

And then I got stopped. :confused: On the new inner tubes valve stem there is a 1" cupped washer and then the rim nut. Question is does that washer go inside the rim next to the inner tube or does it go outside the rim under the rim nut? The original tube had only a rim nut and no washer so I'm not sure. Have to be sure as once that outer rim gets slipped onto the wheel rim!!! Enough said about that. :shocked: