Enough to make a grown man cry.

/ Enough to make a grown man cry. #2  
My uncle worked at a whiskey distillery. One day he fell into a 10,000 gal vat of whiskey. Three men jumped in to save him, but he was able to fight them off.

/ Enough to make a grown man cry. #4  
Not much of a loss really. That stuff is swill. Not fit for drinking unless you bury the taste of it with a ton of Coca-cola.
I don't think people drink it because it tastes good.

/ Enough to make a grown man cry. #5  
I don't think people drink it because it tastes good.
Not really much of a drinker myself, but I never could handle hard liquor of any sort. More of a beer kinda guy, maybe the occasional glass of wine.
My uncle worked at a whiskey distillery. One day he fell into a 10,000 gal vat of whiskey. Three men jumped in to save him, but he was able to fight them off.
Maybe 40 years ago I did a southern road trip, we stopped at one of the distilleries for a tour (think it was Jack Daniels, but not 100% sure). During the tour just as I was leaning over one of the vats my GF warned me "careful". No kidding! The ammonia odor cleared my sinuses right out!!
Was a bit surprised that the county this distillery was in was "dry" (tour guide mentioned it). Apparently a Bible belt oddity I'd never heard of at the time.

/ Enough to make a grown man cry. #6  
Not really much of a drinker myself, but I never could handle hard liquor of any sort. More of a beer kinda guy, maybe the occasional glass of wine.

Maybe 40 years ago I did a southern road trip, we stopped at one of the distilleries for a tour (think it was Jack Daniels, but not 100% sure). During the tour just as I was leaning over one of the vats my GF warned me "careful". No kidding! The ammonia odor cleared my sinuses right out!!
Was a bit surprised that the county this distillery was in was "dry" (tour guide mentioned it). Apparently a Bible belt oddity I'd never heard of at the time.
This county was dry until recently. Still not used to the beer caves, liquor stores, bars, and beer stacked convenience stores. But it's for sure here now.

/ Enough to make a grown man cry. #7  
Not much of a loss really. That stuff is swill. Not fit for drinking unless you bury the taste of it with a ton of Coca-cola.
The saying around here is the only thing Jack Daniels is good for is making Coca Cola an alcoholic beverage.

/ Enough to make a grown man cry. #8  

My Dad owned a liquor store in the Houston Ship Channel area. He didn’t drink alcohol and always said that whiskey was made to sell, not to drink.

/ Enough to make a grown man cry. #9  
There are "good" bottles of whiskey, bourbon, scotch, etc...

But they are not cheap. The "cheap stuff" is garbage to drink straight. Like drinking carb cleaner or gasoline. The "good" stuff is very smooth and flavorful.

/ Enough to make a grown man cry.
The last time that I drank whiskey I was 16 years old... let's just say that it cured me of wanting more. 🤯
I believe that it was Crown Vic which used to run the ad I stole my line from, with a man walking away from the bottle he'd just dropped and broken.