Price Check Equipment Price Check

/ Equipment Price Check #1  

SouthernX

Silver Member
My dealer quoted me the following prices for a backhoe and a 3-way rear blade. Just wanted to know if these prices seem reasonable. I'm going to call some other dealers in the area but I thought I'd check with you guys too.

1) New Holland 930GH Backhoe: $9300 (including installation)
Sub-Frame
Hydraulic kit
16" bucket
Upgrade to larger foot pads

http://agriculture.newholland.com/u...Utility-Backhoes/Pages/products_overview.aspx

2) Monroe-Tuffline GB5-96 8' rear blade with 3-way hydraulics: $3250

Landscape GB Series Grader Blades - Monroe Tufline

3) Add 3 remotes to tractor: 1600

If you have any other comments on this equipment please post.

/ Equipment Price Check #2  
I cannot comment specifically but those prices do seem "retail" MSRP to me. You should expect a 5-10 and maybe greater percent discount these days even on implements (considerably more if you are buying the tractor at the same time). The $1600 seems way high but again that can be tractor specific and NH remote kits are outrageously priced so that might not be entirely the dealer's fault.

/ Equipment Price Check #3  
I'm guessing that the hoe is for a 45hp tractor? I would double check that price against a Woods hoe myself. Price seems a bit high, but maybe not with it installed. As far as the rear blade goes, the price is about right, but, you do not need that heavy of a set up for your size of tractor. You should be able to get the next lighter duty blade for less money and it would still be plenty heavy duty for your size of tractor. With the amount of money that you are looking to spend, I would definitely check around at 3-4 places, and maybe a few different brands.

Maybe think about a top and tilt set up, that will give you some more help with adjustments on that rear blade. If you do get a "TnT" setup, you will not need the tilt hydraulic on the rear blade and you will have it for other uses. But then you will need 4 rear remotes. Just a suggestion.

/ Equipment Price Check #5  
It is for a NH 2420 60 hp (52 PTO hp).

Is that hoe big enough, specs say for 45hp and smaller? You could still go with the next smaller size rear blade. Look at Land Pride, they have gross weight ratings on their blades. An RBT4096 Land Pride RBT40 Series Rear Blades would work good for you, weighs in about 848lbs, good up to 9600lb tractor, 100hp 2 wheel drive.

I have a Land Pride RBT45108, good for a 15,000lb tractor, 125hp. These are big blades, my 75hp tractor weighs in right around 12k and this blade
is about all that I would want. The blade that you are looking at is in this size range and your tractor is a bit smaller than mine. While you definitely don't want a blade that is to light duty for you,(been there done that :eek:) It would not be good to get a blade that is to big for your machine either.

The blue blade is probably rated for a 50hp tractor, I bent it the first time that I used it, dealer said that it should have been fine and that I abused it and they would not do anything to help me out with it, and I had just spent 40k+ with them. :mad: I continued to use it and it continued to bend in different places. I finally bought my LP blade about a year ago and am very happy with it. :D

Good luck with your stuff, double check before you buy.;)

Attachments

• P5080001.JPG
    P5080001.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 171
  • P5080003.JPG
    P5080003.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 130
  • PB040029.JPG
    PB040029.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 155
  • PB040030.JPG
    PB040030.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 138
   / Equipment Price Check #6  
When I was pricing tractors, I found that when a dealer was discounting 10% most of that discount is eaten up by installation costs. Installing that backhoe is quite a job.

You could save a substantial amount of money on a backhoe if you switch to a 758C or 759C which is the previous model backhoe. Both are capable units and are discounted to sell out the stock. Your 2008 2420 would have come with either a 700 or 900 series BH, snce the 900 series was a 2008 intro unit.

/ Equipment Price Check
[ snip... ] You could save a substantial amount of money on a backhoe if you switch to a 758C or 759C which is the previous model backhoe. [ snip... ]

If I could find one that would be great.

/ Equipment Price Check
Dang, that Land Pride is a whole lotta blade!

/ Equipment Price Check #9  
Dang, that Land Pride is a whole lotta blade!

The difference in how those two blades work is almost unbelievable.:eek: You think that a blade is a blade, no sir, you definitely get what you you pay for. That's not to say that the Midwest blade was bad, about average as far as blades go I guess, and to light duty for my tractor. And it's not as if it were cheap, about $1000, but it for sure is not any Land Pride top of the line model.

/ Equipment Price Check #10  
If I could find one that would be great.

When the dealer got my quote together, he checked on his NH equipment Search and located one at a fairly local dealer. My dealer bought it from the other dealer at well below his cost and brought it back to the store. NH is offering incentives for dealers to move aged inventory. Saved a lot of money from a 900 series. See if your dealer will do an equipment search and locate one.