IMG_0021[1].JPG

Picked up the metal for the roof. 31'6"

IMG_0020[1].JPG

/ Equipment shed. #42  
Framing for the overhead doors.

View attachment 529600

Picked up the metal for the roof. 31'6"

View attachment 529599

That is great you have the ability to get/order just the right length needed for your roof... well done project and the steel framing is a testament of building to last.

What is the wall thickness for your rafters and any issues with self tapping screws over the long haul?

/ Equipment shed.
That is great you have the ability to get/order just the right length needed for your roof... well done project and the steel framing is a testament of building to last.

What is the wall thickness for your rafters and any issues with self tapping screws over the long haul?

The rafters are 14 gauge. The self tapping screws worked just fine. A few of them would not self-start. Yes, I think the building will last at least the rest of my life time.

/ Equipment shed.
More framing and starting to install the roof metal.

Building the threshold for the overhead doors. The floor will remain dirt for now. The doors will need something to rest on so I am using 8" purling with 2 4"x4" steel post under the purling to support the weight of the vehicle and not collapse the purling.

IMG_0005[1].JPG

IMG_0007[1].JPG

IMG_0006[1].JPG

Roofing
Yes, I did paint the decking with some oil based paint I had on hand. Mixed it all together.

IMG_0008[1].JPG

IMG_0009[1].JPG

/ Equipment shed.
How we put the 31'6" roof metal from the trailer to the top of the roof.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

/ Equipment shed.
That sure was a strong boy that pulled that trailer to the building. lol Jon

I backed the trailer into that position with the tractor.

/ Equipment shed.
But isn't the hitch at the wall? Jon

Yes it is. I lifted the front of the trailer by the safety chains hooked to the forks at the quick hitch. Very easy to position the trailer this way.

/ Equipment shed.
Got a little more done. Been really windy and cold the last few days. Not getting very much done.

The base the walkthrough door will set on.

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Have the walk-through door installed.

IMG_0006.JPG

Starting the metal for the front of the building.

IMG_0010.JPG

Last edited: