Equipment shed.

/ Equipment shed.
How are you heating the building?

I don't plan to heat it as it is an equipment/storage shed. If for some reason I need heat, I have a portable propane heater. My tractors live in my big shop and it is heated and cooled.

/ Equipment shed. #72  
I am impressed. How long does red iron installed this way, last in the ground?

That will depend a great deal on whether moisture collects inside the tubes. Most often the rust from the inside out. If you had some columns that were exposed on the bottom you might consider using a wide flange section that isn't hollow.

To the OP.....great project. Very impressive! My son and I built a 30x40 pole barn about a year back. The buildings are a lot of work!

/ Equipment shed.
Up Date on my project

Electrical

This section has the control circuits for the 2 overhead door openers.

View attachment 539332

Circuit to the container for 1 8' LED light and 1 plug.

IMG_0015.JPG

The rest of the pictures are of lights and plugs.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

/ Equipment shed. #74  
Nice job with your conduit. I only see pros doing this.

/ Equipment shed. #75  
I started out with a 40 foot shipping containers. I built a shed and it was attached to the container. That shed was 20'x40' To start this addition to the existing 20'x40' shed, I had to remove the TRIM on the existing shed, 2 nd picture.

View attachment 528324

Origional shed. I removed the blue trim.

View attachment 528322

When I get all finished it will have a total of 2000 Sq. ft and be fully enclosed with 2 overhead doors and 1 walkthrough.

I have basically the same thing but 2 40 foot containers spaced 20 feet apart. My thoughts are to weld channels to both containers length wise and then insert the purlin into the channel. Is there a reason you didn稚 try to accomplish the project like that? Am I missing something.

/ Equipment shed.
I have basically the same thing but 2 40 foot containers spaced 20 feet apart. My thoughts are to weld channels to both containers length wise and then insert the purlin into the channel. Is there a reason you didn稚 try to accomplish the project like that? Am I missing something.

I see no reason why that would not work for you. The way I done this is because I could build the header in the shop and then bolt it to the container.

/ Equipment shed.
Update

Building Shelves in my new shed. This shelve is 4' x 50'

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

These brackets will be installed as Cantilevers 3'or 4' above the shelve for storing sheet metal.

IMG_0005.JPG

/ Equipment shed. #78  
Can't build like that in California, at least not in my county. The steel containers are not permitted on the property for more than a few months. We have a high snow load at my home too. It is sad that we can't use these containers and make good structures.

/ Equipment shed.
Update

Building my workbench in my new shed.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG