Eradicating moles

/ Eradicating moles
Thanks s-bee....does the pine-sol kill the vegetation/sterilize the soil for any amt of time? thanks again

/ Eradicating moles #123  
Hello

I’ve tried everything: the medieval trap w spikes, poison worms, etc.

We have St Augustin’s & Bahia grasses w a Sandy loam soil. I installed an irrigation system in ranch yard so soil is perfect. It’s 2 acres fenced in on a 100 acre place near Columbus Tx.

Plz let me know what’s worked for you so I can get this problem under control.

Thank you very much
I use garlic. We grow it so no biggy to chop up a dozen cloves bulbs. At this point we just sprinkle a bit around the perimeter of the garden every Spring and we are in good shape. But in the beginning we sprinkled some in the middle of the garden, a week later a little bit farther put from center. Working your way out, kind of herds them out. They don't like the oiliness of the garlic. Caster oil is supposed to work but... Nope.

/ Eradicating moles #124  
Back in the Day , my Father a fisherman on Lake Erie used to dip huge cotton Pound Nets in hot tar and then they were spread out over a large pasture field. When the tar dried they would walk over the nets mending holes. Ground Hogs were a huge problem. One guy would soak a burlap bag in Gasoline (28¢ Imperial Gallon) and knowing where the 'secret' (no earth mound) entrance was would put the soaked bag in that hole. He would then go to the other adjoining hole and with a long stick shove a flaming burlap bag in the Hole. There was often a Huge 'WHUMP'. I was told that the Concussion killed them. Good Times.
As mentioned earlier I have covered a bunch of holes and insert "Shots" (highway fusees ) would also work into open holes. I have had them crawl right out of the ground. TSC used to sell those Shots in packages of 6.

/ Eradicating moles #125  
I use garlic. We grow it so no biggy to chop up a dozen cloves bulbs. At this point we just sprinkle a bit around the perimeter of the garden every Spring and we are in good shape. But in the beginning we sprinkled some in the middle of the garden, a week later a little bit farther put from center. Working your way out, kind of herds them out. They don't like the oiliness of the garlic. Caster oil is supposed to work but... Nope.
I don't mind moles in my garden. They don't eat plants and aerate the soil for free.

/ Eradicating moles #126  
I had what looked like a single mole going at part of my lawn. I had to cross my lawn with my pickup a few times in the area that mole was active to take manure to my compost pile. It had been raining so the soil was compressing under the tires. The mole isn't active now so maybe I lucked out and ran over it. (y)

/ Eradicating moles #128  
I’ve popped them out of the ground with a spade a couple of times, sometimes I injure them doing this sometimes I don’t. If you pop them out they almost immediately start going back underground in what seems like a swimming motion.

/ Eradicating moles #129  
Seems like they would make those traps with a spring loaded door on each end.