Error Code 50-60

/ Error Code 50-60 #1  

timm9

Gold Member
Tractor
Toolcat(s) 5600B-Turbo(s)
Hi All, we finally had a plowable event and one of my TC's started acting up. When roading in high gear (rabbit mode) the unit will on its own downhshift to low gear. The other thing that is happening is the boom/joy stick will not stay in float. While none of these issues are a show stopper, I suspect they are symptoms of a larger issue that I would like to resolve before it progresses to a nonfunctioning unit. The unit is showing an error code of 50-60.

Thanks!

/ Error Code 50-60
I just had an opportunity to review the error codes and 50-60 is a wheel speed sensor and has nothing to do with the issues noted previously. I'm not getting any error code to the down shift or joy stick coming out of float.

/ Error Code 50-60 #3  
Timm, Does the wheel speed sensor error come up at same time it shifts out of high range? Wonder if it maybe part of the programing to hold the speed down if there is a sensor error. Might wnat ot remove the sensor and look at the magnetic disc in differential to see if there is some build up of metal filings.

The joystick is not electrical so would have no bearing on the above problem. On A - C series the joystick was pilot operated with float detent built into the joystick. Later models use mechanical linkage for the joystick so detent is in the end cap of boom valve same as a tractor. Weak or worn detent?

/ Error Code 50-60
hi Dennis,

Thank you for the response. It is much appreciated.

We had to run this morning and strangely enough, according to the driver of that unit the 'downshifting' only happens when the speed exceeds 14 MPH. As long as he does not exceed 14 mph it stays in rabbit mode. If I understand your email correctly, you are indicating that a 'B' series joystick is non electrical? I will be tearing into the joystick (and speed sensor) later today to see if I can repair it. The drive is able to keep it in 'float' as long as he holds the joystick down. I'm hoping that the joystick is repairable. With the current state of the economy, no one is 'stocking' parts and every time I need a part it has to come out of Chicago or Canada which takes forever or costs an arm and a leg for faster shipping.

Thanks again!

/ Error Code 50-60 #5  
The schematic I looked at showed a pilot operated joystick on it. I know what you mean about parts time ordering on stock and waiting on ground freight.

/ Error Code 50-60
Thought I would let everyone know that all of the 'issues' were caused by the rear wheel speed sensor including the downshifting...

/ Error Code 50-60
One additional item for the good of all. Upon removing the rear wheel speed sensor I discovered that the 'shoulder' of the sensor that butts up against the drive motor had broken (it's only plastic and I'm assuming that I over tightened the bolts) allowing the sensor to move further into the magnet. The magnet was actually 'eating' the face of the sensor. I'm told that the small bolts (3) are only to be torqued to 13 lbs. Needless to say I was far more cautious about bolting down the new one.