Oil & Fuel Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour

/ Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I will figure it out in a few weeks as I have 26 acres to brush hog under a contract that I am looking at accepting. )</font>

The only safe way to bid on a contract like that is a flat rate plus fuel. That way when fuel prices change, you'll be covered and the customer will also have a fair price. Just calculate the amount of fuel you use at the time you do the job and everyone should be happy.

/ Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour #12  
Here's a web site for calculating your fuel use: http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/farmmgt/05006.pdf

From it, mine comes out about 0.8 gallons/hour for both my 18.5 hp JD and 12 hp Gravely. The Gravely runs fairly close to this, as it's a carbed engine and gas.

The JD 4010 usage over 84 hours has been a pretty consistent 0.5 gallon/hr. When I finish each 5 gallon container, I write the hours down in a little notebook that I keep. A diesel will use only as much as it needs. The web site gives fuel consumption for full power usage. On the JD, it doesn't seem to matter how hard I've used it, pretty consistent with 0.5 gallon/hr.

My neighbor's JD 820 with about double the hp uses 1 gallon/hr.

Ralph

/ Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour #13  
Kubota L3130, 31 hp diesel, 300 hrs tach time (engine is past breakin period):

approx 1-1/4 gallons/ hr - near full throttle.

dwight

/ Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour #14  
<font color="gray"> I also run my Chevy 2500 4x4 'farm truck' on the red diesel.
My neighbors pay cash to fill their tractors at my pump. </font>
<font color="red"> ************ </font>
Just don't get caught on the road with it. I hear the fines are really stiff if you get caught
More people should be doing this.

/ Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour #15  
Not that this will help you, but this kubota website has fuel consumption curves for several Kubota offerings. Just click on any of the activated intermittent rating columns to see a Torque/HP/Fuel Consumption Curve for any given engine RPM.
I know that Kioti also states in their literature/website that their engines usage is <230 g/HP*h for some of their older engines and <210 g/HP*h for many of their engines.
Steve

/ Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour #16  
On My TC55DA running 540 PTO turning a generator I get about 1.1 gph. Bushogging depends on the cover density, but closer to 2 gph depending.... Loader work, moving hay rolls etc more like .5 gph.

EHSS 4WD with the R4 tires and 18LA loader.

/ Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour #17  
It is a complicated chart to figure, rpm's will effect it, but load will effect it more. I can ted hay all day long with my massey 135 at 1 gph, hook the mower conditioner on and she gulps all of 2 gph, both at 540 pto. If there is a Nebraska tractor test for your tractor I find them quite accurate, there should be.

/ Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour #18  
I was taught that farm tractors were designed to burn a tank of fuel for a full day of plowing. But that is at close to max horse power.

/ Est Fuel Consumption Gallons Per Hour #19  
That's probably a pretty good estimate.