Establishing Value of Broken 4110

/ Establishing Value of Broken 4110 #1  

Merrill

Tractor
Mahindra 4110
Hello. I purchased a 2001 4110 with FEL in May 2023 with approximately 1650 hours. This week I was pushing some dirt around with the loader, I heard a "pop" and the clutch bell housing had broken apart. Everything worked good on the 4110 but now this. My first inclination is to sell the tractor as salvage. If so, how would I determine the value? I live in North Carolina. Does anyone know of a Mahindra salvage yard in this area?

Thank you.

/ Establishing Value of Broken 4110
20231118_102014_resized.jpg
20231118_112506_resized.jpg
20231118_112512_resized.jpg

/ Establishing Value of Broken 4110 #3  
That's one heck of a break. What's welded to the bell housing in the lower picture

/ Establishing Value of Broken 4110 #4  
Check with your local Kubota and John Deere dealers, that tractor would make a heck of an advertisement for what not to buy..... Sorry for your bad luck.

/ Establishing Value of Broken 4110 #5  
I’d say it’s seen a welder before! However, From what I can see it’s a clean break? Be a great project to split the tractor and have a pro welder put it back together. Quite unusual really…

/ Establishing Value of Broken 4110 #6  
That's one heck of a break. What's welded to the bell housing in the lower picture
Looks like that's a side frame. The weld is a poor man's solution to bolts breaking and/or frequently working loose.

/ Establishing Value of Broken 4110 #7  
Hello. I purchased a 2001 4110 with FEL in May 2023 with approximately 1650 hours. This week I was pushing some dirt around with the loader, I heard a "pop" and the clutch bell housing had broken apart. Everything worked good on the 4110 but now this. My first inclination is to sell the tractor as salvage. If so, how would I determine the value? I live in North Carolina. Does anyone know of a Mahindra salvage yard in this area?

Thank you.
It seems to me I recently saw a post somewhere from an individual with a 4110 who was looking for a motor and having no luck. You might visit a few other sites (if you haven't already) and troll it out there.

As for salvage yards, there are probably none that deal specifically Mahindra. That wouldn't be practical, no matter what the location. I'm betting you will get more selling parts (or whole) to private individuals than to a salvage yard.

Last edited:
   / Establishing Value of Broken 4110 #8  
Wow that's impressive!
Is the bellhousing integral to the transmission like most tractors or separate?
I would think that would affect the current value as sourcing/replacing a bell housing would be considerably cheaper than replacing a transmission case

/ Establishing Value of Broken 4110 #9  
have you looked into the possibility of your home owners insurance covering it?

/ Establishing Value of Broken 4110 #10  
That vertical piece of thick plate is the plate between the engine and trans - it is bolted to the back of the engine, with several of the bolts behind the flywheel, then the bellhousing is bolted to the plate with a different bolt pattern. That horizontal gray plate is the tractor frame rail along the side of the engine. Those bolts that attach the vertical plate to the engine do not have ANYTHING to help hold them tight - no lock washers or Loctite. Mine loosened many years ago and the tractor started to come apart. It's obvious that this happened here and someone tried to weld the side frame of the tractor to that engine plate to hold it together instead of doing a split and changing bolts like I did and using Loctite on them. This is when I discovered TractorByNet all those years ago !! I related my experiences with Mahindra and the fix on my tractor back then. After the repair, this problem never occurred again. Mahindra could have avoided this catastrophy with $.02 worth of Loctite during assembly ...