Estimate the Weight of this log

/ Estimate the Weight of this log #52  
Because I think my FEL seems a bit weak, I stuck a new gauge in one of the 3rd function connections. Reads about 2450 lbs.

Last edited:
   / Estimate the Weight of this log
Because I think my FEL seems a bit weak, I stuck a new gauge in one of the 3rd function connections. Reads about 2450 lbs.

Isn't it supposed to be 26XXpsi?

/ Estimate the Weight of this log #54  
Good question. My FEL says a max of 2630 if I remember correctly.

Would 200 more psi make much difference given only like 7 percent?

(Assuming my gauge is accurate.)

/ Estimate the Weight of this log #55  

It would make more than a 7% increase in lift capacity. How is your gauge set-up? do you have it tee'd into the lift circuit? if so, look at how many PSI it takes just to lift the weight of the empty bucket and loader frame.

I am guessing ~600psi or so. So no matter what, you always need that 600psi just to lift the dead weight. That leaves you currently with ~1800psi for lifting loads. So being 200psi short is about 11%.

What is your loader rated to lift? ~2000# range? That 200psi would be good for a few hundred pounds more lift.:thumbsup:

/ Estimate the Weight of this log #56  
Current test was a gauge stuck into a 3rd function connector.

I've read there is only one relief valve for my tractor although I don't know that for sure.

I think the FEL is rated around around #1900. A few more hundred lbs lift would be welcome, as I don't think I am getting that lift currently.

A bit hard to say, but that is my impresesion.

/ Estimate the Weight of this log #57  
What does the gauge say when the pistons are at the end and the relief valve opens? Or does it open at all?

/ Estimate the Weight of this log

I think the owners manual lists the specs of the cylinder. Punch them in this calculator with the pressure you have and what it is supposed to be.

Hydraulic Cylinder Calculator

/ Estimate the Weight of this log #59  
correction: with full rpm the gauge in my 3rd function connector reads close to #2500.

/ Estimate the Weight of this log #60  
If the log was just cut it could have weighed about 3075 pounds as I figure it.