Rake ETA Landscape Rake: Delivery + Setup // PHOTOS

/ ETA Landscape Rake: Delivery + Setup // PHOTOS
It is a HydrauLink. There are a ton of posts on HydrauLink available through the SEARCH function here on T-B-N.

I give it a limited endorsement. It is quite helpful when using a box blade. Useless when using a rotary harrow, because it is too long. Minimally useful on first day with landscape rake. ( Rake tines act as shock absorbers. )

HydrauLinks cost about $250. For not much more $$ you can get hydraulic TnT, which is easier to adjust and provides adjustment in two axes.....if you have hydraulic remotes at the rear of your tractor.

The piston-arm length adjustment via manually opened/closed valve works well.....except gravity orients the valve down, in which position the valve is not accessible from tractor seat. The valve NOT maintaining UP position is a major design or manufacturing shortcoming.

HydrauLink's greatest benefit, to my way of thinking, is that it acts as a big shock absorber between the tractor and implement. I am always alert for ways to reduce strain on my relatively light tractor and I think a HydrauLink reduces wear and tear day in and day out.

Last edited:
   / ETA Landscape Rake: Delivery + Setup // PHOTOS #12  
Hi jeff,

Thanks for the information, I thought I saw 2 silver/chrome fittings on the left wheel post, but didn't see any on the right side and was curious how it worked.

Congratulations on your new toy, err... tool!
Thomas

/ ETA Landscape Rake: Delivery + Setup // PHOTOS #13  
Congratulations!

I have that same rake and it's a dandy. My only problem was the nut was torqued too tight to swing the rake and I had a heck of a time backing it off but once I did, all was fine. Mine is used on tough rocky roads and the tines have proven to be well up to the task of dislodging partially buried rocks and smoothing what dirt I have in between.

How is the height of the wheels adjusted?

There are a pair of collars, with a hex head set bolt + lock nut on each collar, which secure height of each column.

Here is a photo of the right gauge wheel assembly, showing the two collars:

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
   / ETA Landscape Rake: Delivery + Setup // PHOTOS #15  
"The piston-arm length adjustment via manually opened/closed valve works well.....except gravity orients the valve down, in which position the valve is not accessible from tractor seat. The valve NOT maintaining UP position is a major design or manufacturing shortcoming."

I'm trying to understand what is meant by "except gravity orients the valve down".

Instead of the length-controlling valve remaining "up" where it is accessible from the tractor seat, gravity and vibration allow the body of the HydrauLink to turn 180 degrees so the valve is oriented down toward the ground and is NOT accessible from the seat. The valve and its protecting frame are surprisingly heavy.

There is a large lock-nut on the unit, perhaps 1-1/4", but it would require an appropriately large wrench to tighten. I have not found snugging the body lock-nut a practical proposition in the field.

My HydrauLink was manufactured in China. Execution is a little on the crude side.

Last edited:
   / ETA Landscape Rake: Delivery + Setup // PHOTOS #17  
I just picked up my ETA 72 landscape rake today. Same setup, but no wheels. Three weeks from order to pickup. This thing is a beast, Very heavy duty, twice what I saw at any dealers yard. Soon as the rain stops I'm giving her a ride.

/ ETA Landscape Rake: Delivery + Setup // PHOTOS #18  
I've been landscape rake shopping (mostly York, Woods and Landpride) and came across this HD unit from ETA. It weighs in heavier than the other 72" rakes and seems to be a better overall designed. The metal bracing layout is well engineered and all members are nice and thick. I especially like the tine mounting design which removes stress from the tines and allows more flexibility to mitigate clogging. As someone also mentioned the wheels are the same as the ones used on a rotary cutter which is a big plus IMO. The pivot shaft also has dual plate mounts which should provide added support while acting as a blade to keep the wheels clean. The designer definately did his homework on this one and I think my decision has been made. :thumbsup:

BTW, This is my first post here. This forum is a great source of information for sure and I'm glad to be here. :)

/ ETA Landscape Rake: Delivery + Setup // PHOTOS #19  
I've been landscape rake shopping (mostly York, Woods and Landpride) and came across this HD unit from ETA. It weighs in heavier than the other 72" rakes and seems to be a better overall designed. The metal bracing layout is well engineered and all members are nice and thick. I especially like the tine mounting design which removes stress from the tines and allows more flexibility to mitigate clogging. As someone also mentioned the wheels are the same as the ones used on a rotary cutter which is a big plus IMO. The pivot shaft also has dual plate mounts which should provide added support while acting as a blade to keep the wheels clean. The designer definately did his homework on this one and I think my decision has been made. :thumbsup:

BTW, This is my first post here. This forum is a great source of information for sure and I'm glad to be here. :)

We are glad to have you. Jeff, Nice Rake!

It is working now.

Attachments

• DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 183