ETA TBN member nomination thread

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #241  
I am home today at Noon, I happened to get me a Shinny NEW PINK SLIP so I won't be ponying up any $ for the grapple. :( Just a month shy of my 5 year anniversary at the company too... The company was bought out by one of their competitors & they said we want to keep you guys all working... well they did for 2 months after the official buyout. Good news is I get 5 weeks severance bad news is it is TOO cold to do much with my free time other than look for NEW job...

If it wasn't 12 degrees F outside I would have stayed working out at my farm where I stopped to drop off half my tools I had at work. Now maybe if it warms up some I can get the Rebuilt Engine put into the other Car Body I got from down south or start on my OWN grapple for my 48" bucket on my tractor.

Mark

That Stinks. No company is safe anymore. Good luck.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #242  
Don:
thanks, I was looking for work when I went there & will be looking when I leave the next job... going thru a bunch seems many companies are quick to cut pay and benefits along with heads. Just got to go find an additional job. Sure makes it hard to build up any seniority that's for sure.

They never let ANYONE know they were going to be cutting people only clue was the Rent-a-Cops showed up at 8am. I think they cut about 20% of Office & Engineering staff & far as I know left the shop/floor assembly/welders alone. Sales was slowing down and our New Development team got hit worse then my department did out of 15 or they let about 8 go...

Mark

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #243  
I am home today at Noon, I happened to get me a Shinny NEW PINK SLIP so I won't be ponying up any $ for the grapple. :( Just a month shy of my 5 year anniversary at the company too... The company was bought out by one of their competitors & they said we want to keep you guys all working... well they did for 2 months after the official buyout. Good news is I get 5 weeks severance bad news is it is TOO cold to do much with my free time other than look for NEW job...

If it wasn't 12 degrees F outside I would have stayed working out at my farm where I stopped to drop off half my tools I had at work. Now maybe if it warms up some I can get the Rebuilt Engine put into the other Car Body I got from down south or start on my OWN grapple for my 48" bucket on my tractor.

Mark

Hate to hear that Mark. Best of luck in finding another job. There are many people looking for jobs but I do hear that good workers are hard to find so hopefully you can use that to your advantage!
Travis

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #244  

Mark

I feel your pain neighbor:thumbdown:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #245  

Mark

Sorry to hear that.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #246  
Well , Look at it this way now you have the time to find a better job that will appreciate what you have to offer .

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #247  
Thanks Guys: Just a coincidence I guess as President dissolved his JOBS counsel on the same day. so I guess maybe he saw all the tax money I been paying and couldn't afford them to NOT produce results anymore? hahaha

I'm sure I can find SOMETHING around here "Welcome to wallymart get your made in china (R@p and get out." ahahah

I found 3 or 4 local places looking for help now most all making a LOT less than I had been making after the time at the other place. I'm heading up to the Veterans affairs office to check and see what all they can offer as far as re-training or maybe I can get them to pony up to finish of my BA in Engineering. I sure could use a refresher in schooling and some Updates in Computer sciences and or maybe get some Mechanical programming/Software design training finish up working towards getting my Pro-Engineer software experience. I'm good on AutoCAD tho.

anyhow just ggot a call woman blew brake line on car got to go get her...

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #248  
The ETA Prototype Wicked Grapple was just purchased by TBN member crazyangel so it will be headed to it's new home in Western NY pretty soon!!! Congrats crazyangel:thumbsup:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #249  
I talked to Travis this morning and the grapple should be shipped today:cool2:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #250  
I have a friend with a water jet table and software ,This project has us thinking ! about a smaller version "of our own " can't wait to see your assembly pictures.