Ethanol Free Gas

/ Ethanol Free Gas #91  
There is a Co-Op not too far from home that has 90 octane ethanol free gas. The price not that much higher than all the rest. It's a 20 mile round trip out of the way going to and from work so I don't use it in my cars/trucks. I do buy this ethanol free for my 2 cycle chain saws and weed whackers. The 2 cycles start and idle nicer with ethanol free provided I replace with fresh every 30 days.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #93  
I read somewhere that the gas pumps that share a common hose/nozzle between the different grades of gas are designed to clear the leftover contents from the hose back down to the underground tank. It would be nice if that were true but I kind of doubt it.
It would be nice, but I don't think that is the case.
If you are getting 8+ gallons, a quart of a lower grade isn't a big deal. Not so much if you are filling a 2 gallon gas can.

Aaron Z

/ Ethanol Free Gas #94  
I read somewhere that the gas pumps that share a common hose/nozzle between the different grades of gas are designed to clear the leftover contents from the hose back down to the underground tank. It would be nice if that were true but I kind of doubt it.
I don’t see how that would work. For the most part I doubt the suppliers care if a few quarts of different fuel remain in hose.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #96  
I picked up 10 gallon of 91 octane today at the only place in town that sells it that I know of. They have an above ground tank, not sure how big, maybe 1500 gallon.

Asked he guy when I paid if.they sold much. He said they sold quite a bit, probably 3 to 5 sales a day. I would guess most buy more than my 10 gallons.

Price was $2.81 today.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #97  
I picked up 10 gallon of 91 octane today at the only place in town that sells it that I know of. They have an above ground tank, not sure how big, maybe 1500 gallon.

Asked he guy when I paid if.they sold much. He said they sold quite a bit, probably 3 to 5 sales a day. I would guess most buy more than my 10 gallons.

Price was $2.81 today.
The only distributor near me has a monopoly, charges $4.30 per gallon. I use it in my Tecumseh powered DR field and brush mower.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #98  

Price was $2.81 today.

A lot of landscapers use it and trailered boats around here. Vintage cars, etc.