Ethanol Free Gas

/ Ethanol Free Gas #71  
Picked up 5 gallons today at $2.859/per.

First time I'll be trying is. Will drain the corn squeezin's out of a couple of things and add a few ounces of this, then run for a few minutes, then shut down, possibly for the Winter on some things.

Do y'all still add SeaFoam or Stabil or anything else to real gas?

/ Ethanol Free Gas #72  
Picked up 5 gallons today at $2.859/per.

First time I'll be trying is. Will drain the corn squeezin's out of a couple of things and add a few ounces of this, then run for a few minutes, then shut down, possibly for the Winter on some things.

Do y'all still add SeaFoam or Stabil or anything else to real gas?

If the engine is going to be stored for any length of time, I either run it dry, or put the recommended amount of Sta-Bil in it.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #73  
Personally I never add anything to ethanol free fuel, but a little blue stable wouldn’t hurt.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #74  
The practice of putting ethanol in gasoline shows how stupid our government can be. Every study I have read is that it takes more fossil fuel emissions to produce ethanol than we save by using ethanol. It is a zero, or possibly a negative improvement on the environmental front. The whole thing is a money making racket set up by the farming lobby under the pretense of being environmentally friendly. I am all for being environmentally friendly, But phony solutions such as this are so maddening!

But as far as fuel stabilizers goes, I noticed years ago that the fuel in my 2 stroke motorcycles stored better over a winter than the fuel in my 4 strokes. If you are going into a situation where you are going to let a gas engine set for a long time I would recommend that 1) you use a ethanol free gas, and 2) put just a little 2 stroke oil in the gas, even if its a 4 stroke. Not much, maybe 200 to 1 ratio. I have no proof this is better than a stabilizer other than the fact I have done this for years in my small engines and motorcycles and have never had a springtime fuel problem since I started doing it. If you are storing the engine for over a year, I'd figure out a way to run all of the gas out of the carb. Gasoline stores much better in either a full vented tank or an air tight tank than in a carb or a partially full vented tank.

It is true that running E10 isn't a problem in a modern automobile engine designed to use E10. Fuel injection also reduces the big problem of carbs gumming up. But E10 doesn't store nearly as well as E0 because of pre-mentioned water absorption. No stabilizer of any kind is going to help solve that problem.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #75  
I have had three different small engine repairmen tell me that they would never put Stabil in anything they own. All three told me that it gums up the carb. Either fill the tank to the prim or empty the tank for storage. I use nothing but ethanol free fuel in everything I own, I store my mower filled to the top of the filler neck with E free fuel. I run my two cycles dry. And the last post is right, putting corn in the gas is an Al Gore scam. It takes the amount of energy in 1 qt of E free fuel to produce 1 gallon of E free gas, it takes the amount of energy in 1 gallon of ethanol gas to produce 1 gallon of ethanol gas. Plus I get better mielage and more power with E free fuel. The whole idea is stupid to put corn in my engines.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #76  
I prefer corn in my liquor

/ Ethanol Free Gas #77  
I only run ethanol free gas in all my engines. Better mileage in vehicles and better performance in all the 2stroke. I run a lawn care company with five lawnmowers and Ton of weed eaters, edgers, blowers etc. I never put fuel stabilizers in anything. I had some equipment that sat for over a year. When I went to use them after sitting they fired right up. No problems. Corn in fuel makes no sense I致e never heard of a hungry engine just a thirsty one.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #78  
I have had three different small engine repairmen tell me that they would never put Stabil in anything they own. All three told me that it gums up the carb. Either fill the tank to the prim or empty the tank for storage. I use nothing but ethanol free fuel in everything I own, I store my mower filled to the top of the filler neck with E free fuel. I run my two cycles dry.

I've never had any user tell me they've experienced that problem with Sta-Bil (other than one who left an engine sit for 5-10 years without running it). I've never had a small engine repair shop mention the problem. They recommend Sta-Bil. (I did have one who claimed issues with Startron brand, but have not heard it from anyone else.)

Those same service guys also recommend as you do: either fill the tank full or run it completely dry and drain the carb before long-term storage. My 2 cycle chainsaws and weed whackers all get run dry. Lawnmowers, wood splitters, generators either get run dry if they are close to empty, or filled to the top, then shut off the fuel and run the carb dry (and open the carb drain, if it has one - to drain out all of the fuel) for storage.

Last edited:
   / Ethanol Free Gas #79  
In that case, I always put the first gallon in my pu's gas tank and then fill my cans...

SR

not at our stations 20191206_120733.jpg

/ Ethanol Free Gas #80  

I bought 5gal of E0 91 octane from a station that had all those grades and e0 87 octane. The fuel I bought was yellow and smelled bad in 2 months. It didn't even last until the real winter started which is why I bought it, winter storage. Now I only buy e0 91 octane from pumps that don't carry e10 91 of rain.

Think about it. We are the knowledgable one's and prob at the max are buying 20gal a year of E0 fuel. You have to figure these at least a few hundred gallons in storage at the pump and there not putting stabil in it. That e0 could be half bad right out of the pump...in my case it was.