Ethics on clearing neighbor's drive ways and private lane

/ Ethics on clearing neighbor's drive ways and private lane #221  
"You cannot live a perfect day, until you do something for someone, who will never be able to repay you."
John Wooden

/ Ethics on clearing neighbor's drive ways and private lane #222  
There is a second type of people who but the zero turn mowers which are great for cutting larger lawns, but are a one trick pony in terms of their ability ( mowing only, no snow removal).

Plenty of zero turn mower plows and blowers out there.

/ Ethics on clearing neighbor's drive ways and private lane #223  
You say one trick pony, I say a very efficient piece of mowing equipment.
I save 3-4 hours a week in mowing my property.
Extrapolate that out 24-25 times per year, times the 17 years I have had it, and it has more than paid for itself a couple of times in just my time I have saved.
I guess it all depends on what you think you and your time is worth

Well said.. I agree 100% I don't want to waste half my Saturday on a mower and I like to mow. I have a large yard and a rider would take twice as long.

/ Ethics on clearing neighbor's drive ways and private lane #226  
As a teenager it was my responsibility to do a number of the neighbors driveways and walks. This was in south western CT, so some years we had quite a bit of snow...We had a 60' diameter circular drive with a large maneuvering area in front of the double garage. My snow blower was a 14 HP craftsman 2 stage walk behind. about the time I hit 12 or 13 it was my job to prep it in the fall and let my father know what we needed for parts. If it did not run come snow time it was "boy get out there with the shovel and get to work"...Learned the maintenance lesson real well that winter. Well after I got done with our drive way it was off with the snow blower to Fred and Bertha's to blow them out and shovel the walk. Then the same and Finn and Maries's, Bill and Emma's, George and Karen's. Of course these folks were Mr and Mrs. So and So to the snotty nosed teen, most were my parents older scandihooligan friends and or fishing partners. One of the neighbors , not on my snow list, gave me a ration of crap one day for not doing their driveway and walks, since I was doing that whole end of the neighborhood. He got on the edge of abusive so I told him to take it up with my scheduler (dad). Apparently he gave dad a ration of crap and he left the house in a h**l of a hurry as I was returning near frostbitten. Got told by Dad if I ever did his driveway, walks or cut his grass I would answer to him (The WWII vet)
To this day I help those that are infirm or aged. Just don't complain how and when I work when I am using my equipment, my time and my fuel. If you are paying you bought the right to comment but otherwise shut yer trap and say thank you.

/ Ethics on clearing neighbor's drive ways and private lane #227  
To this day I help those that are infirm or aged. Just don't complain how and when I work when I am using my equipment, my time and my fuel. If you are paying you bought the right to comment but otherwise shut yer trap and say thank you.

Semper Fi back atcha!