Ethonal free gasoline storage limitations

/ Ethonal free gasoline storage limitations #11  
I know people that use unleaded aviation gasoline, both 94 and 100 octane. Someone that works on engines says this could be a bad practice because the high energy could break the crankshafts. Anybody heard of this??

Higher octane doesn't mean higher energy. As it was explained to me, higher octane is just more resistant to predetonation in higher compression engines, engines with a lot of carbon buildup, etc... and has nothing to do with explosive power.

/ Ethonal free gasoline storage limitations #13  
I have always used Stabil in my ethanol gas. I would guess that my two - five gallon cans will sit for, at least, six months before being completely used. There simply is no local source of ethanol free gas in this area. It's all that "cob added" crap.

Whom-so-ever came up with ethanol gas idea had his head so firmly "UP", as to be completely entrenched on the dark side. But that's another bone to pick on another day and another thread.

/ Ethonal free gasoline storage limitations #15  
I have been using ethanol free gas in my small engines for the past 5 years or so. No stabilizer. I notice a significantly improved performance from them all, especially starting. At 8600 ft elevation I need all the help I can get, maybe a stabilizer would be even better. That said, I have some that is over a year old now, seems fine. They are sealed containers.

/ Ethonal free gasoline storage limitations #16  
I have always used Stabil in my ethanol gas. I would guess that my two - five gallon cans will sit for, at least, six months before being completely used. There simply is no local source of ethanol free gas in this area. It's all that "cob added" crap.

Whom-so-ever came up with ethanol gas idea had his head so firmly "UP", as to be completely entrenched on the dark side. But that's another bone to pick on another day and another thread.

Here at sea level and close to the ocean I have used Staybil years. Still had some problems with 10% until Marine 360 came out. It is designed to assist with both alcohol and high humidity. Now just leave the gas in over winter (full) and even the chainsaws (mine are all fairly new) start right up in spring. One small saw I use year round. Gas is in a 50 GL transfer tank that I treat double at fillings. Have that for the genset that holds 15 GL. Cycle left over into the pickup once a year. Treat diesel with power Service. I am going 40+volt battery on my small engine stuff.

Ron

/ Ethonal free gasoline storage limitations #17  
I use ethanol free gas (premium) in all my small engines with NO additives. The genny starts right up, even after sitting most of the year. I keep it in those plastic 5 gallon jerry cans. Everything always sits full.

/ Ethonal free gasoline storage limitations #18  
i use ethanol free gas and sea foam in everything.never had a problem.i believe in sea foam

/ Ethonal free gasoline storage limitations
Appreciate all the comments gentlemen. Hard to beat the TBN community and it’s incredible wealth of knowledge.
B, john

/ Ethonal free gasoline storage limitations #20  

He was flush from the excitement of inventing a "ventless fuel can", and was vying for a "twofer."