Comparison European tractors compared to us tractors.

/ European tractors compared to us tractors. #11  
The Carraro tractors are great for demanding undulating/hillside work ( especially with dual wheels all round) & excell in orchards/vineyards because of their low profile - overall they have the agility of a mountain goat.
The compromise with these compact Italian hillside tractors ( Carraro/Valpadana/Pasquali/Goldini). is whilst they handle PTO rotary implements (tillers, mowers etc.) & spray/trailer work well, any demanding 3PL drawn implement like a chisel or disc plough, ripper, grader will place considerably greater stress on the these tractors (as will a FEL in heavy applications ) causing failure/fracturing/weakening of the articulation joints/axle castings/mounts - being a compact tractor design there are also other compromises..
We have previously run both a c.70hp Valpadana (pictured) & a Carraro for weed control in hilly country.
In summary special purpose tractors which will accommplish some tasks other tractors can't, but not overall as versatile, rugged or reliable as a conventional 2WD or FWA Tractor & the build quality of these Italian "compacts" is not up to Japanese/Korean/US stardards.

Attachments

• TDN15012013.JPG
    TDN15012013.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 803
   / European tractors compared to us tractors.
I wish some "US" tractor company would make a model like these with a low center low gravity and less compaction ect. I think they would sell well.

/ European tractors compared to us tractors. #15  
Do you want one just for looks or is there a certain task that requires it?

/ European tractors compared to us tractors. #16  
Okay there are European specialty tractors like those shown but where do you think most of the mid-range ag tractors from Deere, Case-UH, New Holland and Massey come from? Almost all European, like our new JD 6230, made not in Mannheim, Iowa, but Mannheim, Germany. Our New Holland was built in the UK. As for emissions, off-highway diesel regs are virtually identical for Europe, Japan, and the USA. Europe does have stricter width regulations - somebody mentioned 3.0 meters. I wish. It's 2.5 meters for general machine width. Due to noise and ride requirements, you find most equipped with cabs and suspended front axles. The specialty tractors are orchard work and the like but the areas where I lived and worked- Northern Italy, northern France, and Germany, the tractors were like in America except for more operator comforts, higher travel speeds, and almost all equipped with 3 point hitch and PTO up front.

/ European tractors compared to us tractors. #17  
Watching the video it goes like a Ferrari. Nice background music too. However I'd prefer something a little more agricultural for field work, but not necessarily listening to country and western music.

/ European tractors compared to us tractors.
For the work I do around here. Garden, clipping pasture on hills, fixing the drive, I think the idea of the low specialty tractor would work better or as good as the small scut's we have here, depending on the job.