Even new oil should be filtered

/ Even new oil should be filtered #21  
Why not post the brand and type of oil so the rest of us arent ripped off by that low quality junk oil.

/ Even new oil should be filtered #22  
Yup; new oil contrary to popular belief is dirty, that is why it is not recommended to prefill the oil filter when changing the oil & filter.
Pouring oil into the engine from the jug may introduce some contaminates but the oil filter will contain anything that could that could harm pressure lubricated parts.
As far as the internal components such as the cam/lifter interface and other chains & gears, the contaminates will be washed down into the oil pan and captured in the oil filter.
Any particle that may get caught between a cam/lifter and gear will be crushed & then filtered out if large enough.
I’m assuming there is not a handful of grit in the container.
There are different codes pertaining to the cleanness of the containers oil is packaged in.
Amsoil is one manufacture that uses very high standards pertaining to the purity of their delivered product.

/ Even new oil should be filtered #23  
Could those "contaminated" pieces actually be the additive pack that maybe needs a little heat to blend in? Maybe they were suspended but clumped up for some reason? It doesn't seem possible that contaminates could pass through modern filtering and packaging lines.

That was one of my thoughts.

/ Even new oil should be filtered #25  
In our industrial setting, it is standard operation procedure to filter all hydraulic oil before it ever gets used in a hydraulic unit.

/ Even new oil should be filtered
The oil was NAPA's own brand. My shop is down the road and I will dig through the trash to get the type before the week is out.

/ Even new oil should be filtered #27  
I can't remember the brand but I have had some oil that sat for a few years (unopened) that separated and looked like that. It was two colors, had some brown with some blue streaks in it. I figure if it separates then I really don't want to use it since it's no longer going to meet the mfg's specs for the hydraulic system.

/ Even new oil should be filtered #28  
   / Even new oil should be filtered #29  
WOW- lots of information there, thankfully- some of the ones I use don't have an advisory or otherwise.

Great resource!

/ Even new oil should be filtered #30