Ever discover a good small restaurant?

/ Ever discover a good small restaurant? #1  

Fuddyduddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
john deere
I found this soul food place "Soul Sisters" in Bedford, Va. Talking about KFC made me think about it, wife got fried chicken, catfish for me. We both had good cooks (Mom- Grandmothers) and this place asked if we minded the wait since everything is made fresh. It was just like home made...amazing but they need advertising since only one other couple were there.
Crawdads, chitterlings, BBQ ribs, collard greens, etc.
2023_05_07_11.08.47.jpg
2023_05_07_11.09.22.jpg
2023_05_07_11.09.32.jpg

/ Ever discover a good small restaurant? #3  
Looks good! Wife and I try different small restaurants pretty often. We have our favorites, of course, but boy there are some great ones out there. Quite a few around here.

/ Ever discover a good small restaurant? #4  
Good small mom and pop restaurants is my kind of place.

/ Ever discover a good small restaurant? #5  
There used to be a place that was known for their giant burgers and giant portions of chicken fried steak.

It was a real 'hole in the wall', a converted old gas station. But boy was the food good!

I'm not kidding..... the chicken fried steak came out folded over in half on a turkey platter! Biggest that I have ever seen! You couldn't even see the dish, it was hanging over the edge of the plate!

It was really good, you could cut it with your fork.

Needless to say, they went out of business about a year later.

/ Ever discover a good small restaurant? #7  
I've spent years on the road. I very rarely eat at a chain restaurant and try to choose local cuisine whenever possible.

One place that has a very vibrant foodie scene is Frederick Maryland. Great mix of restaurants in the downtown area. Surprised me when I stumbled upon it during one of my trips.

/ Ever discover a good small restaurant? #8  
I've spent years on the road. I very rarely eat at a chain restaurant and try to choose local cuisine whenever possible.

One place that has a very vibrant foodie scene is Frederick Maryland. Great mix of restaurants in the downtown area. Surprised me when I stumbled upon it during one of my trips.

Really? There are a couple good ones, but downtown is no longer safe at night, so we don’t go there.

/ Ever discover a good small restaurant? #9  
I have one I can (and do) walk to from my house. There’s also a bar with the game on and an upstairs outside deck. Very good food. Craft beers. Place is super casual and perfect for dinner with family or friends. Not too small, but not too big, either.
Next door is a small bottle shop that seems to stay open even when there’s a blizzard.

/ Ever discover a good small restaurant? #10  
Really? There are a couple good ones, but downtown is no longer safe at night, so we don’t go there.
That’s too bad. Frederick & Cumberland, MD are interesting towns.